Crimson Rose Training Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bliss had a not so fun to her, day today. LOL! First she had lots of tying practice while I worked on rasping her front hooves, with tons of scratches and grooming with her favorite curry comb as a reward with breaks. Needless to say, she wasn't a fan, but they really needed to get done, and we definitely have plans on working on that later. She wasn't necessarily bad or anything, just acted like a impatient baby, which of course is understandable. Then later, I groomed her the best that I could considering her current teddy bear like coat, in order to take pictures for her first online miniature horse shows this month. She was pretty impatient on this after a while as well, and we had to take some time learning to calmly stretch while I also tried to teach my young son how to take the pictures for me. It was very interesting to say the least! I am very proud of my son for taking the pictures and helping me, but Bliss on the other hand definitely needs a break and some fun time with me for our next training session. I don't think that we damaged our relationship by any means, but I do think that she thinks I was less fun today then usual. LOL! Enjoy the show photos! Hopefully the next ones will be even better! 💕🌹🐎

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_142752.jpg
    IMG_20230110_142752.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230110_142519.jpg
    IMG_20230110_142519.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Your son did a great job and I did enjoy your photos very much!

Bliss looks clean and very pretty. It’s been so many years since I’ve shown, way before online miniature shows, which sounds like such a good idea to engage people and their horses! ”Way back then”, the practice was for the mini to stand square, but I do like the slight stretch Bliss is holding.

Good luck in the show! She’s a gem!

Well, today didn't go very well. I feel bad for poor Bliss. I went out to work on rasping her back hooves, and she did well as I was cleaning out her hooves, until she spooked and started pulling back. I didn't realize that the poor baby had ants crawling on her front feet, that must have started when I was getting my tools ready for her trim. I as fast as possible untied her and took her halter off to allow her to try to rub them off, and also have the freedom to move around. She did her best to get them off, and was quite upset over it. I am sure that it definitely didn't feel good! 😔 After it was over I went over to her and spent some time giving her scratches, and some treats to end on a good note. She was very kind and sweet as usual, it was just I who still felt bad! 🌹🐴

Attachments

• IMG_20230110_142621.jpg
    IMG_20230110_142621.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
I have been spending the last few days just relaxing with the girls, and taking them for walks. I took Bliss out first today, and worked on her responding more soft on the halter and backing, then worked a few times very briefly on tying. She has some fear after what happened while tied with the ants, so we are going to slowly work through that before I work anymore on cleaning her hooves out and rasping them. She was so energetic after our walk, that she cantered around bucking afterwards trying her best to get Ella's attention, then mine when Ella ignored her. Ella then kept hanging out with me for a while, which is rare for her, so I went to get her halter and she happily helped me put it on her, and then we went for a nice grazing walk. It was a nice cool overcast day, so peaceful. ❤️🌥️🐎

Attachments

• IMG_20230116_143308.jpg
    IMG_20230116_143308.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230116_153221.jpg
    IMG_20230116_153221.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Today we tried something different that was definitely a hit! I got out a big old plastic barrel that we found on our property, and rolled it around so Bliss could play with it. She really enjoyed pushing and pawing at it. Then I got out some carrot baby food (which my daughter hates) and decided to let the ponies try it for fun. They loved it! Shout out to the Enriching Equine for the idea! 🥕🐴🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_152312.jpg
    IMG_20230117_152312.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230117_152301.jpg
    IMG_20230117_152301.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
We are about to get some rain today, so I quickly went out to play with Bliss in the pasture at liberty. We worked on liberty leading, halting, backing, moving her hip over, and her front over, with scratches as a reward as usual. I also worked on her picking up her feet calmly, and hope to lengthen the time that she calmly holds her feet up in the next sessions. She was a very good girl, and stayed with me for the whole session. I took a few pictures at the end for you to enjoy. 💖🌥️🐴

Attachments

• IMG_20230118_132320.jpg
    IMG_20230118_132320.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230118_132251.jpg
    IMG_20230118_132251.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Bliss had a not so fun to her, day today. LOL! First she had lots of tying practice while I worked on rasping her front hooves, with tons of scratches and grooming with her favorite curry comb as a reward with breaks. Needless to say, she wasn't a fan, but they really needed to get done, and we definitely have plans on working on that later. She wasn't necessarily bad or anything, just acted like a impatient baby, which of course is understandable. Then later, I groomed her the best that I could considering her current teddy bear like coat, in order to take pictures for her first online miniature horse shows this month. She was pretty impatient on this after a while as well, and we had to take some time learning to calmly stretch while I also tried to teach my young son how to take the pictures for me. It was very interesting to say the least! I am very proud of my son for taking the pictures and helping me, but Bliss on the other hand definitely needs a break and some fun time with me for our next training session. I don't think that we damaged our relationship by any means, but I do think that she thinks I was less fun today then usual. LOL! Enjoy the show photos! Hopefully the next ones will be even better! 💕🌹🐎
So cute! Where do you find information about online mini shows?? I see more and more people doing them and I think it's a fantastic idea for those of us who are not close to centres where a lot of shows are offered.

I am in three different groups that I found on Facebook. I am just entering halter classes right now, but hope to enter some other classes in the future. I am in The Online Miniature Horse Show, The Online Pony/Mini Show, and The Online Horse Show. They each have different point and reward systems. I would be happy to answer any questions that you have about them. I used to judge for all three a few years ago before I had my ponies. 😊

Neat!!! I'm really curious about these kinds of options. Maybe something my daughter and I can get involved with. Our littles are such furry yak ponies right now. Only the stallion looks good - he's shaved and blanketed at a facility. Everything at home is outside, au natural, and hairy!

Neat!!! I'm really curious about these kinds of options. Maybe something my daughter and I can get involved with. Our littles are such furry yak ponies right now. Only the stallion looks good - he's shaved and blanketed at a facility. Everything at home is outside, au natural, and hairy!
No problem! They allow ponies to be as furry in shows as well! 😊

I just have to share! 😁 Bliss' very first Grand Champion win out of 18 entries! What a great start to the show year! 🎉🏆💖🐴
Oh that's so exciting! Congratulations! Do they actually send out ribbons or just virtual bragging rights? Either way, what a great way to start off her career! 🥰

Oh that's so exciting! Congratulations! Do they actually send out ribbons or just virtual bragging rights? Either way, what a great way to start off her career! 🥰
Thank you! The win will give her points to go towards the year end high point awards. Last year they gave out ribbons, trophy halters, personalized coolers, personalized tumblers, grooming totes, ect.

Results from Bliss' other online halter classes this month. 💕 I am proud of her, considering this was her first month showing and she was in large classes! Hopefully this next month I can get her to square up better and have her ears pricked up. 😁🎉🐴

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1674965251704.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674965251704.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1674896338329.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674896338329.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1674848135030.jpg
    FB_IMG_1674848135030.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2023-01-25-01-22-43-73_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-25-01-22-43-73_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg