Creative People, Please help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleRibbie

Reaction score
Our local Mardi Gras parade is always lots of fun and this year I decided not to take the carriages and carts...we will just be taking the 4 horses. Anyway I would like to dress them all up as the Four Seasons...no not the music group!! Although that does sound interresting. Winter, Fall and Spring seem to be pretty easy and I have ideas for those. But Summer seems to have me stumped. Also I think it would be neat if I go as Mother Nature but I have zero idea of how that costume should be. Any ideas on Summer or Mother Nature please!!

Fall will be just lots of fall colored leaves covering a sheet with lots of leaves in the mane and tail.

Winter will be a light blue sheet w/sparkles and big white snowflakes maybe a scarf

Spring will be lots of fake tulips and daffodils attached to a green sheet

ALL VERY SIMPLE>>> BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO SUMMER OR MOTHER NATURE...I need ideas thanks so much, Heidi

Here's what Google.com had
default_smile.png

18585.jpg

Andrea

Andrea, Andrea, Andrea just the thought of me wearing that on this planet....lets just say there would be no need for crowd patrol!! I do like the leaves on the head piece. Thank you for searching for me. Dont they have an old mother nature costume hanging in the barn...come on Disney is the Mecca of all costumes!!
default_biggrin.png
Heidi

Have you seen Santa Clause 2? MOther nature is in that movie. She's got a gorgeous costume, maybe you can copy it some what.

Christy

Summer to me would be flowers

Mother Nature would be a tree. Make a long brown dress look like a trunk, your arms and a headress for yourself that looks like branches :DOH!

Thanks everyone!! Knew I could count on you...I like the beach idea w/small flowers. And Marty, your tree sounds like a great idea...maybe just a brown sweat shirt and sweats w/branches...thanks so much, Heidi

For fall do some fake pumpkins

For summer do some surf boards with the Beach Boys playing in the background of course

For mother nature how about carrying a lightening bolt

I haven't read any of the other responses, so forgive me if I'm redundant...

MY mother nature would be dressed in a flowing gown in shades of green and gold. A long skirt and separate tunic in the lightest of fabrics. Several gossamer scarves that would float behind, dancing in the wind.

On her wrists would be cuffs of long lengths of saran wrap cut into strips to suggest that whispering summer breeze.

Her hair should be long and free (a wig if necessary), wavy and softly tousled. Around her head would be a wreath of stars (use metallic wire garland from gift store) You could also buy a string of tiny, white LED Christmas lights to twinkle like the stars

Barefoot would be ideal, but not around horses nor for walking. Instead, cut green construction paper to mimic grass and glue to shoes (or, if you have the time, glue hay to look like grass). You could even get a toy snake to wrap around one ankle. More saran wrap could float from your ankles (perhaps blue to suggest water).

Mother nature is a very good friend of mine, so this is fun!

Susanne, you are so creative...that sounds awesome. i love the grass/hay shoe idea. Maybe you should just come to Fla. and be the real mother Nature, thanks, heidi

Latest posts

Back