Cracked shaft on Jerald show cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scr

Reaction score
The miniature "gods" are out to get me this week. :no: One week ago, I lost a foal to a terrible dystocia event. Thursday night I uncover my Jerald open wheeled show cart to get ready for the Fletcher NC show and discover that one of the shafts is cracked badly (must have happened during the transport home from the Perry show).

It is not drivable like this so what are my options? Someone mentioned calling Jerald and having them ship me a new shaft and then having a cabinet shop redo the whole thing.

Someone else mentioned selling it as "broken". I'd like to know what others of you have done in a similar circumstance.

I don't want to "give" it away for a couple of hundred dollars as the cart covers are worth that. But I don't want to spend too awful much to repair it. I'd love to hear what you have done and what is probably the best thing to do in this situation.

Thanks!

Polly

I would call Jerald and see what they think. It would not hurt anyways. I would think it would be an easy fix and I would choose to fix it rather than sell and buy new.

The shaft can be taken off and a new one put on I would call Jerald and find out what your best option is as far as having that done. Sell it for cheap just because of that, no way!! We've had shafts on jog carts and sulkies broken with the race horses and off they come, new one goes on, some fresh paint and good as new!!! :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: These things happen...

Pam

Last edited by a moderator:
We recently purchased a used Jerald easy entry cart which we were told had 52" shafts - it didn't they were 48" which we discovered when we took it out of the cover.

My husband called Jerald and ordered 52" shafts and they came very quickly! The cost was $200.00 plus 18.00 shipping. If you need 48" I would assume they would be less? At any rate, a new shaft is certainly cheaper than buying a new cart.

Good luck to you,

Shelley

http://www.trulyyoursfarm.com

Polly

I have a Jerald that you are welcome to use until you get yours repaired!

Just let me know,

Lauralee

I have been told that if you have the serial number from the underside of the shaft that Jerald can send you a shaft that matches the original. Call them. We are very lucky here in the NW to have a Jerald rep that helps with repairs.

Latest posts

Back