Court Update very upsetting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
We were due in Court in 6 days. It's been postponed. We are very upset about this but we understand this cannot be helped.

One of our key witnesses that we must have is the surgeon. He planned vacation to go out of the country to India over a year ago, plane tickets, etc. and cannot change it, and he did try.

The defense is going to claim (get this crap) that the injuries sustained were not the cause of death because Michael hung in there fighting to live for a few hours instead of dying instantly.

But he did die in surgery in major attempts to piece what was left of his body together. Keep in mind that I didn't have enough of him left to fill a coffin. And we need the surgeon there to testify that cause of death was the impact.

We will find out the new court date on August 27.

There's a chance that it will be once again, after the new year before we can go to trial.

Meanwhile, the animal is incarcerated in the local jail in another county awaiting trial for drug charges, grand theft, burglary and some other stuff. He and some other inmates were recently interviewed on the local Chattanooga TV news about poor conditions of the jail. He complained about the food, his uncomfortable bed, and not enough visiting hours. I think they should let Dan in there with him for 5 seconds to show him what "uncomfortable" can really be.

I also think there should be an island in the middle of no where, where animals like this who are career criminals are just dropped off from a helicopter with no supplies and left there away from civilzation so they can't hurt people anymore.

We hope we can find some kind of peace in our lives after this somehow because Jerry can't go on like this, he's not well, Dan's a loose cannon, and I'm so tired .

Marty that mans fate has ALREADY been sealed by GOD.

Have PEACE in THAT knowledge.

If he thinks the jail is bad........................its NOTHING compared to where he will spend eternity.

Marty, sounds as if the defense is grasping at straws to come up with anything for a defense. Putting it bluntly, with all the damage that was done to him in the accident, what else would they try and lead the jury to believe he died of? Air poisioning? Mumps, measles, chicken pox? Sounds pretty wierd! Not something anyone with a brain would believe!

Sorry it has been postponed, I know how hard that has got to be on you. I am one of those people that are impatient and can't seem to wait for anything, so I can imagine just about how you are feeling. But as was stated, his real justice will come from God. Hope Jerry and Dan can just hang in there. My heart is going out to you.

Carolyn

Oh Marty, I'm sorry to hear that the court date has been postponed as I'm sure the waiting is taking its toll on your family. I agree with Carolyn that the defense is grasping at straws, and unfortunately there will probably be more ridiculous claims. As nearly as impossible as it is, just try not to let their claims eat you up on a daily basis. I'll be praying that someday soon your family finds peace. <HUG>

It is sick Marty..... I am so sorry. It like you see the light at the end of the tunnel and then it goes out farther. But you are close. It doesn't feel like it.

And how can someone live with themselves trying to defend someone who does this kind of thing? He or she is as bad at the killer. Sick trying to justify it. I just don't understand. Money is not that important.

Oh Marty. I am so sorry. This is crazy. What kind of a world do we live in? How could this man even breath the same air we breath. I am so distgusted. My heart breaks for you and your family.

I am furious right now! I do not know your pain but all I can say is how sorry I am. I have tears in my eyes and pain in my heart for you. Stay strong and my you find peice in knowing that this scum of the earth will meet his maker.

Yes! That is another thing. What kind of attorny defends this? This world is out of wack.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is totally screwed up! I'm so sorry that this is happening to your family. I sometimes wonder if the

old saying an "eye for an eye" would be a good thing with someone like this scum bag.

Thoughts and love coming to all of you for an end to this soon and justice being done.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a feeling it would be postponed when you brought it up last topic.

The defense is grasping at straws. We just went to court over our pool we sold (which is so so petty compared to your court case obviously) and the defense just grasped at straws as well.

The defense must have SOME NERVE to even try to defend something like this, it seems pretty black and white to me. :eek:

Marty you will have your day, i have confidence that this guy will pay BIGTIME for what he has done.

:no:

There is NOOOOOOO defense for the hemorrhoid!! And no defense for his attorney that's clearly a moron either.

Love, prayers and Hugs to you all, Marty.

Jodi

well heck and darn it! (can't type what i want to say either!) i'm so sorry Marty from the bottom of my heart... you and your family will continue to be in our prayers until you have resolution, you just hang in there! as for the scumbag and his attorneys, what goes around comes around, and they WILL get theirs!!

Oh geeze, more postponement? argh!

It's beyond ridiculous for the defense to try to claim that the injuries aren't what caused poor Michael's death, give us a break! In most places, if someone dies within a YEAR of injuries sustained by an accident or a drunk driver, etc, the person who injured them can be charged with Manslaughter, at the very least. This creep will get what is coming to him. Too bad that we can't trade the creep's life to get Michael back.....

Amen. Whitney you said it all.

((((HUGS)))) Marty, Jerry and Dan.

I am sorry that once again your life is put on hold. I know you need the surgeon for testimony but for petes sake, could they not have taken that into consideration when setting the date in the first place.

I just want this to all be over for you so you and your family can find closure. I know life will never be the same as it once was, but you can at least feel like moving on then.

I wish I could make that house call to you. If I ever get to that part of the country you better believe I will make it up that mountain of yours and deliver the real hug you deserve and not just a cyber hug.

Love to you all.

geesh what a fricken rediculous claim! he wouldn't have been in the hospital to begin with or "injured" and fighting for his life if the moron hadn't hit him to begin with..

I'll tell you from personal experiences over the past two years and hearing more crap like this every day.. i've COMPLETELY lost faith in our Justice system and laws. The laws only work for the criminals and guilty parties and do not work for those that are innocent and in the right.

I'll give you quick example. we've been having some serious neighbor troubles! I think they are coming to a head and becoming a very seriously dangerous situation because we were out walking and they SHOT at us after some very serious verbal abuse/screaming at us! They shot off TWO shots at us. we have restraining orders on these people and we called the cops and guess what.. the cop came out and basically said nothing could be done. He'd have to send our statements to the DA to decide how to proceed and really he probably wouldn't because there was no evidence because "I (the cop) didn't witness it"... there was Two neighbors, their young 6 year old son, myself and a 16 year old neighbor and we ALL saw it...... apparently that's not enough.

Ok so basically he just gave us free reign to walk around shooting at people as long as HE didn't see it or no one else got photo's?? HUMMMM This is just the latest in our issues with the Law and how it DOESN'T work.... we have quite a list so far of other things!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Marty. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. May you find strength and peace while waiting for the justice that Michael and your family so deserves.

Latest posts

Back