couple pinto questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indian*R*A*I*N*Dance

Reaction score
Im going to be showing in Pinto this year an di had a couple questions about signing up and etc. im already registered with both nepinto and ptha btw.

Im signing up for, lets say, Miniature Hunter In Hand A&B which is class #43. Do I sign up for that in the Youth category on the entry fourm or the Open category?

As for jumper, do the jump-off's go by the AMHA or AMHR rules?

Thanks in advance.
default_smile.png

I look forward to seeing you at the NE Pinto shows!!! They are a ton of fun!!!

I am quite familiar with their entry forms as I just filled one out on Saturday. To enter the OPEN miniature classes (the ones that aren't Amateur) you would use the section for OPEN. Be sure to put your NEPtHA and PtHA membership numbers in the proper places. There are no Youth mini classes but there are PLENTY of youth in the Open ones.

I also know a lot about the hunter and jumper classes because I always have between one and three minis is each one, and I have also had the mini jumps here. Saturday they ran things a bit differently though, because they had a pony class in between mini hunter and mini jumper. But there will be a pattern posted which for hunter has to have at least one change of direction. They used to run the hunter class at 18" but I have no idea what height the jumps were on Saturday. I do know these particular jumps don't go any higher than 30". Hunter is just once around, then trot by the judges for a soundness check (all as a group). The jumper class will have a jump off for ANY ties. On Saturday I think they jumped off for every place. I was tied with another forum member for first, with clear first rounds. In the jump-off for first, I had another clear round and she had (I think) one knockdown. They don't pin the class in the ring and we never heard the placings, but I just assumed I won. Well, 2 of the judges had me first but one had me second! I only found that out when I was leaving the show. Go figure!!!

If there had still been a tie, they would then time the next round. That has never happened while I have been showing, but the class keeps getting bigger so it could happen any time.

I will be glad to answer any questions you have. Photos from this past weekend shoud be on the photographer's website soon - see link at www.nepinto.com.

Mary gave you some great info, but you can also try contacting Carin Ponder hn Tx. Carins answered some of my questions and they are both knowledgable.

Latest posts

Back