Couple NEW PICS of Hope and Flirt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Brenda Harrell sent me some clipped pictures of "Flirt" (Harrells Flirting With Perfection, amha pending) and "Hope" (Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope), the 3 week old filly and 4yo mare I am purchasing from her and her husband.

I think I am in LOVE! Flirt is a silver buckskin but clipped off a different color than I think she really is. Hope, her dam, is silver dapple, and her sire (Ten Ls Spirits Afterglow, a son of TenLs Echos Captive Spirit) is a perlino. So Flirt is for sure a dilute and we think silver buckskin (see last shot of her prior to clipping).

Planning to show Flirt, the filly, next season and then one day breed her to DunIT and Destiny. Hope, the mare, will also be a wife to my Erica boys
default_smile.png

Seeing the new pics of them made me feel so happy and excited last night. Part of getting these new horses has meant parting with some horses I already had (and love) but who don't fit into the goals I have now. I've been blue thinking about Spirit, my silver near leopard appy mare, who is leaving for her new home next week. I have a couple others here who are also sold and will be leaving before long and then one to get pictures of this weekend and advertise. It's a lot more fun buying than selling, but I know it's all part of moving towards this goal I have.

Thanks for looking and my new girly girls!

Jill

FLIRTFACE2%2006212003.jpg

FLIRTFACE%2006212003.jpg

FLIRTE.jpg

FLIRTB%2006212003.jpg

Pre-clipping color:

Flirt%2006062006%204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty!! Thats first pic of your mare where you cant see her stripe oh my It looks identical to mine crazy! ahaah they are both beautiful!
default_wub.png
:

Jill what a pretty little girl!
default_yes.gif
:

The filly looks silver bay, but im not sure that she could be and have cream. She dont look buckskin.

The filly looks silver bay, but im not sure that she could be and have cream. She dont look buckskin.
Well, her color does look different now that she's clipped but I'm sure she's dilute (and probably buckskin) since her sire is perlino. Actually, our own Vertical Limit / Carol raised her double dilute sire, TenL's Spirits Afterglow, who is now owned by Seahorse Farm. I know Khaki is very much buckskin but right after clipping looks different (then grows her dilute look back in a few days).

I'd actually like little miss Flirt in any color but given her parentage, she cannot be silver bay. Here are a few other pre-clipped shots...

Flirt%2006062006%203.jpg

Flirt%2006042006%201.jpg

She does look silver bay, but a silver bay with the cream gene(since she has to have the cream gene) is a silver buckskin!

They are both so adorble Jill! The filly looks so good after her clip job! I bet you are just thrilled!

Gage

... You've got to be excited about bringing them home.
Oh, man, I am!!! They're not supposed to come home until September when Flirt is a little older but I was thinking last night it might be real nice to have her home in time to show her at the State Fair! However, it just scares me with such young foals (both the travel to get from MS to here and the stress of showing) and I'm not sure if I will aim for that or not... But she will be out with me and "the boys" next season if not also the end of this one.

OOooOOooOOooh Jill
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

They are both such Lovely girls!!!! I am so happy for you!!! :aktion033:

Flirt does look Silver Bay right now, these Mini's are so darned much fun, each season they are a different color, if you have one you don't like, wait a couple months, and you are sure to get another color soon! LOL!!!
default_wink.png
:

They sure are pretty girls, you did good!
default_smile.png

Nancy
default_smile.png

Jill, they are both just adorable. And the filly is sort of my grandchild! :lol: I know you are just thrilled with them both.

Carol

Oohh, that little filly can come live here any time!! I think she may be closer to me anyway, LOL!

[SIZE=10pt]WOW and congrats Jill! They are both lovely and especially Flirt - love the name![/SIZE]

Lori

YAY! There beautiful! Congrats Jill...your definately making great progress towards your goal..you have a wonderful set of amazing horses...you should be proud of yourself!

-Kris

Thanks everyone! I am very excited about Hope and Flirt and appreciate the Harrells giving me the opportunity to call these girls "mine".

I have the same kind of good feeling about these horses as I have had about the ones I got from our own Ms. Erica
default_yes.gif
:

Goober that I am, I do also love the anticipation of having horses coming to me and all the day dreaming about the day they get here, etc.!

And, Carol, I think this now makes you family as well as mentor to me
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back