Countdown to puppies!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMeadows

Reaction score
Hi everyone - OK, well the countdown is on! Daisy is 60 days today from her first breeding so I am thinking that she will probably whelp this weekend. Last night we had x-rays done to see how many puppies are cooking and it looks like 7
default_new_shocked.gif
(Not terribly unusual for Daisy - she like to have large litters - but still, for a 9 lb dog that is a lot of puppies!)

So now the big question is how many boys vs girls -- any guesses? How about guessing when she will actually whelp?

Daisy is an AKC Champion Havanese and is bred to a beautiful stud dog who is also an AKC Champion - so we are pretty excited about this litter -- 4 puppies are spoken for, already - of course most of those people want girls - so hope we have at least 4 girls!

I turn into a complete wreck with my dogs whelp -- been foaling horses for 25+ years and am kind of a mentor to a lot of others when it comes to foaling, but with my dogs (ie - I really mean "my babies") - I totally fall to pieces!

Anyway - time to start stressing out ! ! ! !

Stac

PS If I was more computer savy I would post pix, but I am a total dork!

Best of luck in whelping for your lil fluffball.

I hope its smooth, easy & swift and that all are healthy.

I'll guess 3 bitches 4 dogs.

How's her temperature? Does it look like she's close to the temperature drop?

I am going to guess she will whelp on day 62 very early in the morning hate to do this to you but if there are 7 pups I am going to guess 3 girls and 4 boys.
default_smile.png

Good luck I know how much work goes into raising well socialized pups but talk about rewarding
default_smile.png

holy COW 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet Sunday evening about 7 PM
default_smile.png
)

I bet you can't wait!!!!!!

I just gotta see them when they arrive
default_smile.png
)

I'm a wreck here too...

(my grandaughter is coming today... Olivia Paige... is scheduled for delivery today .... !!!! )

~Sandy

Thank you Christina -- so far two puppies - a black girl and a sable boy -- 5 to go!

All done - 5 boys, 2 girls. One of the little boys is touch & go - keep your prayers comming his way, he can really use them.

Latest posts

Back