Could you show me your tack rooms?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

Reaction score
We recently added 32' onto the barn and since we have a little empty space,

we're thinking of having a tack room built (before we fill the whole thing up with

more stalls!) I've always wanted a "real" tack room....right now we have one of

those large Suncast sheds in the barn that we call a tack room, but I'd love to be

able to just use that as a place to store and dish out feed. The new tack room would

be about 10' x 16'.

Anyway, we're in the process of lining up people who do small building jobs to come

over and take a look, but I'd love to see what people have, and what they love or

do not love about their tack rooms!!
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks,

Shelley

My husband built us an 8x12' free standing building for tack; and it has a calf warmer in one corner that he also built. [sorry I don't have any pictures; it's too small of a building to take pictures inside.] It was built before I got into minis; so geared towards riding tack. We have 6 saddle racks on one wall (across from the door); three low on the wall and three high on the wall. There is a window on one wall with bridle brackets on either side of that; a 12" shelf goes the whole length of the window wall, right above the window (so about 12" from the ceiling). The calf warmer is "behind" the door and the other wall has a pegboard on it.

This summer we are moving and fixing up a 12x16' shed for me to use for feed and tack closer to the mini barn (current tack shed and feed granery is on the other side of the property next to the calving barn).

Latest posts

Back