Costume Class Ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the images are from google -

I always liked the ones that are like the safari person (desert tan or camo shorts, tan shirt w/ pockets; maybe a vest w/ pockets; a safari hat, hiking boots and the horse decorated/painted like a zebra with the top portion of the tail braided below the tail bone and then "tufted out"). I used to have pics of a pony done this way, but don't have it any longer...

Corlensky-G-II-Bob-Dallas-Harvest-Costume-Welcome-Sara-Doster.jpeg

The farmer (complete with a dairy stool and piece of straw sticking out the side of the mouth) w/ horse dressed as a cow with an udder. To be "milked" when standing still (saw one class one time where the udder really had milk in it and the "milker" sprayed the ring steward, LOL)...

cab9665e581ef28fc92588edde151158.jpg

A knight and a dragon.

A zombie w/ the horse done up with all the bones (in white if a dark horse; in black if a white, cream, or grey).

CCP_7794-copy(pp_w780_h519).jpg

A knight and a knights jousting horse.

A fireman w/ the horse as the firetruck - complete with coiled hose(s)... or race car and driver (think either NASCAR or dragsters) or Herbie the Love Bug (flint Co minis - google image)

siouxempire705.jpg

Little BoPeep and her sheep -

Christopher Robin and Eeyore

11v08x0.jpg

A witch and her "familiar" - dressed as a cat.

How cute is this one?

Costume1.jpg

This website is GREAT!! I LOVE the Princess and the Frog - but have no idea how you'd get the coloring off the horse for the rest of it's classes??

http://www.littlethings.com/horse-halloween-costumes/

Then I did a google search for Mini horses with costumes and the themes are many and varied!!

I did the cow once, complete with the balloon udder and horns, then I rode her bare back in a big ugly bridesmaid dress and a tiara. I was the Dairy Princesa and her faithful steer!

Our theme was always 'slightly policitcally incorrect.' We had one freestyle Showmanship routine completely planned to Brad Paisleys 'crushin it.' I was going to dress in my (cow) barn clothes and boots from the day before, pop a top on a beer can as we walked in and have the horse 'win it for me' without a lead shank and in a crappy nylon halter.

The other freestyle we had planned was to 'I'm headed your way Jose' by Chris Young. I was going to wear a poncho, a sombrero, and drink tequila while my horse had a Mexican blanket over his back. Same idea as the first; me be 'pretend tipsy' and the horse absolutely hit it out of the park (as he'd do every time he went in the ring.)

That being said, this little brat will about dislocate his hip before lifting his pivot foot. And we cleaned up at this series in showmanship. He is such a special little guy.

Unfortunately I was in a bad accident 3 days before the freestyle and couldn't show.

Latest posts

Back