Costume Class help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda

Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a costume we have used when my daughter was in 4 H now with her husband to be, at a Paso Fino Show, first time up on a horse...........He got a First.........
default_wub.png
:

JoninCostume.jpg

what color is your horse? we have a bay pinto, one year for our halloween ride i made the two of us into a "hot fudge sundae" - she was the vanilla ice cream and hot fudge without even needing to dress up... i dressed all in white and was the whipped cream, with a red ball cap to be the cherry on top

You could be a sheik and the horse dressed as native arabian. I did the native arabian with my mini but was a bellydancer with him. If you don't have alot of time you can use a sheet for the sheik outfit and do tassels on the bridle saddle pad, and breast collar if you have one.

Well, I read your post when you posted it, but had to think about some ideas.

I've always been partial to the indian horse and indian rider, and the Arab styles (which I think this one could be more difficult). But I googled horse costume image and saw alot of ideas on there that may give you an idea that you like. My mind was picturing Dr. DooLittle with a "push me pull me" the 2 headed Llama, and I pictured a 2 headed horse, if you could figure out how to do it would be cute. I also pictured something like cupid on a horse, rider dressed in red with a gold wrap, and a red bow with a quiver of red arrows and a red arrow in hand with a heart for the tip. The horse having a white irredescent cloth drapped over it's back, a white face mask (if obtainable), decorate the mane and tail real pretty in gold, red and white irredescent ribbons, and could do something cute on the back end, like a red bulls eye painted on.

I think it would be so fun to create a costume and be in a costume class or in a parade! :~) I hope that when you do it, you'll share some pictures! I'd love to see some. :~)

~Karen

Does your bridle have a browband. You could paint a styromfoam cone and attach it to the browband with sticky back velcro.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back