Correct Location of Whip Holder (AMHR)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnmother

Reaction score
I have a whip holder to put on my show cart, what I am not sure of is if there is a correct location to place it. I am showing in AMHR.

It may have to do with either you are right or left handed. Any vehicle that I have bought new had the whip holder on the right so when I got a used vehicle without one I put it on the right as well.

The correct way to use a whip is in your right hand, so the whip holder should be on the right side. If you are a lefty, it would be acceptable to put it on the left side.

So where on the cart do you actually mount it. That was acutally my question, I am right handed and i would put it on the right. Is it the front of the cart (by the dash) the side, or close to the seat? Seems like the couple that I have seen it is up by the dash so you would have to reach forward and slightly right to get the whip from the holder. If anyone has a photo that would greatly help the handy husband on the precise location. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is on the shaft about 4-6" from the dash. Out of the way so you don't bang your knee into it while driving but still easily accessable!

Latest posts

Back