Cool Things We Do to Promote our Wonderful Mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeckyG

Reaction score
Its so cool when we have a chance to promote how wonderful, special & unique the miniature horse truly is. IMO, there can never be too much awareness & appreciation of the magnificent mini. :bgrin

Showing mini’s is one way this is done by many/many of you… and others have done things like Shana – who’s mini’s are in the Motts Garden Cocktail commercial,. Many have written articles for publication (most recently I saw where Jill wrote an article for Equine Wellness). I have seen where lots of folks take their mini’s to Nursing Homes, Schools, etc. Karla (BarnBum) recently invited the residents of an assisted living facility to her place. Amy (ClickMini) provided a horse to participate in the Summit Assistance Animal’s program. These are just a few examples...... there as sooooo many more.

Another example currently happening….. Mary Lou has entered Ghostbusters in an Equine Essentials contest. This is another opportunity for more people to see and fall in love with mini’s. (Most horses in the contest are full-size.)

Lots of folks have already voted… but others may not be aware, yet.

If you want to vote for Ghostbuster…… Click on this link: www.flaxsheen.com/Gallery/index.html

Then, scroll down on the page and vote for "Ghostbuster"!!!

BTW...... I would like to hear about the different things other folks have done.

I cannot actually say I have done anything, yet (but I have plans
default_rolleyes.gif
: ). I am interested in starting a non-profit providing mini's as companions.... to help build confidence and independence for others. (For example, I have a pregnant mare.... we are giving her foal to a wonderful young lady who is dependent on a wheelchair for mobility.) I am hoping this is only the beginning….. and look forward to starting the non-profit.... in the not so distant future.

[SIZE=12pt]What are some of the things you have done... or would like to do??? [/SIZE]

Has you mini been featured in a magazine??

Any public service activities??

Been in parades and other public showings??

Other contests?? Awards??

What about shows/plays and special productions??

I bet there are all kinds of experiences folks could share.

Besides showing.....there are a lot of things I've done with my minis over the years.

Parades

Nursing home visits

School visits

Allowed Girl Scout groups to use my minis as a "project" & earn a badge.

Exhibit them at Swap Meets & provide FREE literature on the Miniature Breed & do LOTS of talking, answering questions, & basically try to educate people about them.

Dressed them up for Halloween

Take them to Super Pets stores

Write stories about them. A few have been published in Mini Magazines, as well as books about "Horses & Healing", and Women & their Horses, etc.

Latest posts

Back