Control bar sizes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aliasmel

Reaction score
Heya,

I'm looking to buy a control bar because my stallion dislikes chains. I am unsure on what size. I have the option of medium or large. He takes an X-large in a BMK halter and is 34.5" at the wither and doesn't have a petite head.

Thanks

Have you tried rolling your chain? I put the chain on as usual, then take the ends and flip them over the chain once or twice, then attach the lead to both rings and over the middle of the chain--if the chain isn't long enough you don't have to roll it--just attach the lead to the rings and over the chain. Either way it works sort of like a chain control bar, without tightening on the chin the way a chain normally does. I find it works well on horses that don't do well with regular chains.

Otherwise your best best would be to call the tack shop and ask for measurements on their control bars, then you will know exactly which size you need.

heya,

Yep I have tried that and he still flips out with chains. Not as bad as if I had it tightening up but still enough to want to sit on his bum and not move. I have tried him with a western halter and he is fine, swap over to a cable and chain and he goes into melt down. I will ask them, they might know
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back