contract for training a show horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divigo

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for contracts for training show horses.

With whatever we have done for friends and non related people we have always worked with using a written contract to avoid having miss communications or worse.

My husband is going to train someone else his horse for showing and he is now looking for examples of a contract he can use.

Is there anyone who can black out the personal information and send me an example?

Thanks sooo much for your help.

Patricia Kuijpers

Divigo Stables

Your location is listed as Holland, please keep in mind that you are likely to get responses from people in other countries and your local laws and regulations on business dealings, contracts, etc. are not likely to be the same. Really, the BEST advice would be to talk to your attorney (and I know that is probably going to cost money and you were looking for a freebie) for your and your client's protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Three different horses (one big, 2 minis), never have had a contract with any of the three trainers. Had a contract when we boarded but that's all. But then I've always worked with people that I've gotten to know. I trust them; they trust me. Yes, I realize that sometimes doesn't work out.

@annabellarose yes I know I will get contracts from other countries, that is no problem.

I am currently working for a lawyer who will help me adjust these contracts to Dutch law.

He just needs examples to work from, therefore my question.

But thank you soo much for being alert, it certainly was a good remark.
default_smile.png

Well then, if you are already working with a lawyer on this issue, he should be able to draw something up for you from scratch!

I know a lot of lawyers, most of who know nothing about horses or training horses, so I could see how a lawyer would need an example of a horse training contract to go by. Some things are so far out of your field you have no clue about them.

Somebody be nice and help her out here!!!!

default_biggrin.png

Have you googled equine training contracts? There are alot of links for that.

Basically with any contract spell out what you are going to do, what you are responsible for and what the other party is responsible for. If you both are experienced horse people, just sound off ideas - Horse a will be here for x number of days, and receive ... at the cost of . Owner is responsible for providing... If it's all inclusive training fee, or is there additional fees for trims, deworming, hauling, grooming, handling at a show. Compensation if you win? Spell it out. Special feeding? Injury or illness who pays, etc.

Spell it all out clearly, not alot of legalise. My experience people don't like surprises.

I have points in our sales contract that I make them initial (insuring the horse and first right of refusal if they want to resell), that way they cannot say they didn't see it.

Latest posts

Back