Conformation/ Opinions please!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know I've asked this before but now I have better pictures and I feel like he has matured since last year. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of him. He's not perfect I know that, I'm not barn blind
default_smile.png
I will however say he has done VERY well for me showing wise, in halter, hunter and trail ect. I love him no matter what and still think fondly of him so it won't hurt me no matter what you say.

Here is Tiz Sir Sock Hop Dancer 33" Red dun Gelding.

292vi4k.jpg

In this pic he looks eww necked...or thick

294sbcg.jpg

Then look at his neck in this shot! "Got neck?"

2r61hr9.jpg

I will say in this picture he is on a hill.

2z9dv04.jpg

I think he is a cute chunky boy. He could loose a few pounds it looks like. Definitively needs a neck sweat, almost looks like he has no neck but in the one shot it looks like he can have a very nice neck. Cute lil head, could have a better hip and does have a low tail set and neck ties in low. I like him.

I think he is a cute chunky boy. He could loose a few pounds it looks like. Definitively needs a neck sweat, almost looks like he has no neck but in the one shot it looks like he can have a very nice neck. Cute lil head, could have a better hip and does have a low tail set and neck ties in low. I like him.
Thank you for your reply! I do agree with everything except the neck. The pictures don't do his neck justice, even at our show last weekend the judge commented on how nice his neck look. (Hes never had a sweat on) It was the angle of the picture and how I had him "showing" It's weird I'm not sure why it looked so bad there.

Mochas Cherokee War Dance is the grandsire to my World and National Champion stallion, RHA Mercury Rising through his dam, Rita.

Ewe necked isn't the term you're looking for,however, in the picture he does look thick.

It also looks to tie in lower than usual, but knowing him in person and seeing how you get him to show himself in halter he can snake it quite nicely and really show it off.

I've always been a fan of his ear, eyes and head.

He's a great gelding and does very well for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always liked his head and tiny little ears. having seen his neck in person I don't think it is thick at all. It is an appropriate length for his body and is "clean." Overall he is a well balanced horse. Where I would fault him is his front end. His shoulder is a little steep and his neck ties in a little low.

I've always liked his head and tiny little ears. having seen his neck in person I don't think it is thick at all. It is an appropriate length for his body and is "clean." Overall he is a well balanced horse. Where I would fault him is his front end. His shoulder is a little steep and his neck ties in a little low.
Thanks for replying Matt! -- Just wanted to say I was glad you were one of our judges this year!

I'm a not a show judge and don't pretend to know much
default_firstprize.gif
hee hee... but he has an adorable overall look and his head is so cute. He looks more Quarter horse-ish to me than Araby. He's a handsome guy!

Latest posts

Back