Confirmation critique

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintMeAMini

Reaction score
Hello! I was planning on doing some local shows with Faye but I am a newbie with minis so I was wondering if y’all would give me some critique on her. She has a bit of a belly because I have been slacking in her lunging and poles to keep her in shape. Thank you in advance! Also sorry for the lack in quality of pictures. Not the best for judging her confirmation.

Attachments

• BE6A6100-F554-4040-9DD5-22BF257FBD80.jpeg
    BE6A6100-F554-4040-9DD5-22BF257FBD80.jpeg
    295 KB · Views: 36
Pictures are hard to judge from for sure. Overall I really like her. She’s very cute. Cute head. Looks to have a nice neck both in emergence and length. She’s a tad butt high and has a longer back than ideal. I think lunging over poles will help a lot to lift her belly and strengthen her back as well as build up her hip and overall muscle tone. I like her shoulder. Good size and nice angle. Her neck is a tad thick. Sweating it a bit would improve that but at a local show, it may not be a big deal. Legs look nice and straight. Love minimal black pintos. Those high white socks are very striking. Great job keeping her from getting too sun bleached. Hard to do with a lot of black horses. She’s very very cute!

Pictures are hard to judge from for sure. Overall I really like her. She’s very cute. Cute head. Looks to have a nice neck both in emergence and length. She’s a tad butt high and has a longer back than ideal. I think lunging over poles will help a lot to lift her belly and strengthen her back as well as build up her hip and overall muscle tone. I like her shoulder. Good size and nice angle. Her neck is a tad thick. Sweating it a bit would improve that but at a local show, it may not be a big deal. Legs look nice and straight. Love minimal black pintos. Those high white socks are very striking. Great job keeping her from getting too sun bleached. Hard to do with a lot of black horses. She’s very very cute!
Thank you! Lots of helpful information!

Well while I’m here I will post my old man Finnick. I don’t expect his confirmation to be the best because he has been worn out over the years. He finally found a peaceful retirement home with me. Even if he can’t do much because of his stifle he still teaches me lessons everyday ❤️

Attachments

• EEE92F85-940C-4FF6-A1D3-8050976DAF4B.jpeg
    EEE92F85-940C-4FF6-A1D3-8050976DAF4B.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 10
  • 6E7C77F0-BBDA-4AA6-ABD0-4144842E3A15.jpeg
    6E7C77F0-BBDA-4AA6-ABD0-4144842E3A15.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 9
Well while I’m here I will post my old man Finnick. I don’t expect his confirmation to be the best because he has been worn out over the years. He finally found a peaceful retirement home with me. Even if he can’t do much because of his stifle he still teaches me lessons everyday ❤
His lovely ears! You can tell he is a good boy just by looking. We keep learning every day from our horses.

Hello! I was planning on doing some local shows with Faye but I am a newbie with minis so I was wondering if y’all would give me some critique on her. She has a bit of a belly because I have been slacking in her lunging and poles to keep her in shape. Thank you in advance! Also sorry for the lack in quality of pictures. Not the best for judging her confirmation.

I think she's beautiful !!! But I don't know anything about 'formal' show criteria.
I also have her exact twin gelding, I might be bias :)

Finnick's so special, he piddles blue streamers!!! 🤣🤣

I agree with Elizabeth's conformation assessment. The only thing I'd add is that she seems to be a bit buck-kneed/over at the knee.

If you decide to clip her for showing, you might want to leave some length to the hair on the back of her forelegs, over the tendons. Leave enough hair to kind of fill in that dip just below the knee. You'll kind of skim the tops of the hair to make it appear more filled in and straighter than it is.

We used to use a product from Sally's Beauty Supply called Hair Cholesterol. We could rub it into the hair, brush it upwards from the fetlock to the knee, and then skim clip to create the appearance of a straighter leg. Don't know if that product is still available. I hope my explanation makes sense!😁

Finnick's so special, he piddles blue streamers!!! 🤣🤣

I agree with Elizabeth's conformation assessment. The only thing I'd add is that she seems to be a bit buck-kneed/over at the knee.

If you decide to clip her for showing, you might want to leave some length to the hair on the back of her forelegs, over the tendons. Leave enough hair to kind of fill in that dip just below the knee. You'll kind of skim the tops of the hair to make it appear more filled in and straighter than it is.

We used to use a product from Sally's Beauty Supply called Hair Cholesterol. We could rub it into the hair, brush it upwards from the fetlock to the knee, and then skim clip to create the appearance of a straighter leg. Don't know if that product is still available. I hope my explanation makes sense!😁
[/
Thank you very much!

Latest posts

Back