Computer people

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya

Reaction score
I just got a Flash Drive to transfer files between my laptop and desktop and wow, what a neat little gadget! I know I am probably behind on getting one of these, as I never knew what they even were until a couple days ago . I don't use my computers for business or anything, just for pleasure. My question is how much info can this little piece of thing hold. I'm thinking just to transfer some pics, etc. between computers. It is 1GB - so how much info is that roughly....like how many pictures approx., can it hold some songs? Just a rough estimate. Thanks.

How much it can hold will depend on what you're putting on it. For example, I have a 1GB flash card for my camera, the pictures range in size from 1MB-3MB depending on what the photo is of. I've yet to fill the card but I've had 100+ photos on there before. The smaller the pictures (in byte size) the more it'll be able to hold - a Gig is a lot and if the photos are optimized for web use you should be able to get several hundred on there.

I'm not into music on my PC so I have no idea what the file size is on songs. Just try it out and see!
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou. I have a 10gb ipod that holds 10,000 songs, but I didn't know if the GB's for that are the same as the flash drive. I am pretty computer illiterate!

And to think all this time I've been putting stuff on discs to transfer between computers.

Sonya --

I love my "jump drive"
default_smile.png
I use the same computer for home and work (laptop), but it's crashed plenty. I use my jump drive to back up my precious horse photos, my employee's payroll, and documents. Mine holds 4GB, which was the biggest they had back when I bought it. It is bigger than the other jump drives I had previous to it but it is a life saver. I just always have it in my purse and if it even crosses my mind to back something up, I do it now! In case it's an omen that my $$#%$# laptop's thinking of taking another nosedive.

And, with that... I'm gonna back up some stuff :bgrin :bgrin

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
mine only holds 256mb, but it has held a powerpoint with lots of photos and several word documents at the same time, so yours should hold tons of photos

(I can't give you an exact number)

Latest posts

Back