colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthorsesmt

Reaction score
My appy colt will be turning a year old on May 3,
default_birthday.gif
anyway, my question is i will be having him gelded as soon as possible ( when the weather cooperates-rain, snow, mud) what i was wondering is that i was told to wait until he had dropped because otherwise it is a major surgery, will i be able to see that he has dropped or is it only possible by palpation? as of right i see nothing there. thank you in advance!

My appy colt will be turning a year old on May 3,
default_birthday.gif
anyway, my question is i will be having him gelded as soon as possible ( when the weather cooperates-rain, snow, mud) what i was wondering is that i was told to wait until he had dropped because otherwise it is a major surgery, will i be able to see that he has dropped or is it only possible by palpation? as of right i see nothing there. thank you in advance!
At one year old you could see testes, but if not it doesn't mean they aren't there.

The Vet should check for testes prior to administering full anesthesia, although the Vet might sedate him first to make palpation easier. Just inform the Dr in advance, but again it should be a question the Vet asks you anyway.

Dr Taylor

Latest posts

Back