Color testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tatonkas Dream

Reaction score
I should have a new mare soon but it seems to be a guess on her coloring so am considering having her color tested to know what's 'really' in there.

any one with info on where to send it and how the process works would be great!

Thanks in advance

Christina

I have mine done at equinetesting.com. It is very easy to do. You just pull mane hairs in. I think you can probably download a form from their site. It is easy and they are VERY fast too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Mona - now I have just one more reason to be excited for her to be delivered! I am getting ahead of myself I know - I am curious about possible foal color outcomes (and HEALTHY foal is what matters) but I find the color part interesting with some of the color calculating sites now and then to wait and SEE what actually comes out and since opinions vary on her color thought it would be worth having her tested.

Thanks again

2008's surprise for me was a mare that is reg as brown, previous owner called her black and I thought she was a seal dark bay... well she's not tested but she's smokey black as she had a perlino colt when bred to a buckskin... SURPRISED us all
default_yes.gif
she did!!

Latest posts

Back