Color Option & Versions of Windows and ISP and What Browser

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Versions of Windows & ISPs & Browsers

• Can use Color Windows XP/WO SP2 With IE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can use color Windows XP/SP2 with IE

• Can Not Use color XP/WO SP2

• Can not use color XP/SP2

• Cna not use color using ME

• Can use color using ME

• Can not use color using 98,,,98SE,,OR 95

• Can use color Using IE

• Can not use color using IE

• Using Netscape cannot use color

• Netscape AOL cannot use color

• ANY other ISP cannot use color

• Does not matter I never use color anyway

• Netscape and AOL CAN use the color

• Any ISP I can Use the Color Option

• What Color Option

• Total voters

shminifancier

Reaction score
Please look over and choose what you can do... Thank You And I am using Windows XP with SP2 pack added and IE is my Browser, and I have my phone company as my ISP..

I have Windows XP, use my local ISP for service and browse with Netscape usually (also have IE on my computer). I haven't been able to get the color to work.

Maybe you should add if someone is using Java also, go to tools, internet options, advanced, scroll down to Microsoft VM and see which boxes are checked.

Maybe you should add if someone is using Java also, go to tools, internet options, advanced, scroll down to Microsoft VM and see which boxes are checked.

I do not have anything checked in that area just the JIT for virtual machine enabled that io all NO Java boxs are checked....

I don't think the combination for my situation is listed.

I use Earthlink dial up at home, Verizon DSL at the office.

My laptops have Windows XP, but I don't know that the SP stuff means. I know the computer is always updating it's windows if that means anything.

For my browser, I am a Netscape (but not AOL) user. It's just what I have always used and am partial do it. Right now, I'm using 7.2. I do, of course, have Explorer but rarely use it.

And, as you can see, I can do colored text (was that what you mean by color?).

We need to have some more people help out with this poll. Especially the ones that the color works. The more information that the "techs" have, the sooner they can come up with a solution.

SP means "service pak" each version of windows comes out with updates, some are major updates, they make a service pak. All the updates from the bugs or problems are fixed plus when they find "security" issues that is also added. This is different from Windows Update that is "when Critical Issues" are found. Windows XP is on SP2 (service pak 2). I think Windows 2000 is SP4 etc. Also important which version of Internet Explorer or other browser. I know not everyone knows all this but any info would help.

If you right click on "My computer" icon (should be on your desktop} it will tell you what version of windows and service pak you have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back