Color Genetics Speaker

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistyrose

Reaction score
NEXT MEETING: February meeting will be on Saturday, February 10th at the Jefferson Community College in Carrollton, Kentucky with member Faith Kutnicki speaking on genetics. Directions to the February meeting:

These are directions to Jefferson Community and Technical College in Carrollton, Ky.

Take Interstate 71 to exit 44

Go north on Hwy 227 to Hwy 42

Turn left on Hwy 42 (Highland Ave.)

Go to 4th street and turn right

Go one block to Main Street. (Jefferson Community & Technical College is on the corner or 4th & Main)

There is parking across the street and by the river.

For more information - http://mamhc1.com

Please join us!

Thanks for the invite and directions - you never know, we might just show up! Weather and chore depending.

Hope you have a good turnout.

JJay

Libby

Where does this gal do her research at?? Is she a young gal, hopefully we need a new generation to take over color genetics.

Faith will be speaking at 1:00 p.m.

She's older...like me...lol...lets just say...over 50 shall we. I'll ask where she's done her studies at and post after the meeting Rob.

Sure wish I could go, but I have to stay home and feed the woodburner. Then there are all those frozen water buckets. 13 of those suckers..... :no:

I see I forgot to add the time! It will start at 1:pm and refreshments will be served. Please try to come if you can!!!! We want to meet as many of you as we can. :bgrin

I emailed Faith Kutniki to ask what her background is on genetics/color....this is her reply:

I am Assistant Professor in Biology at Jefferson Community and Technical College. I teach Biology, Anatomy & Physiology, Zoology, Botany and Human Ecology. In each of these classes I must teach a unit on genetics both for plants and/or animals. Applying my background in genetics I have researched the literature regarding the genetics of color as it pertains to horses and have tried to put together a talk that will allow the lay person with little or no knowledge of genetics to understand how inheritance of color in horses works. Faith

I have had the pleasure of meeting Faith several times. She's a very knowledgeable, and interesting person. I'm sure you will enjoy her a lot.

I have asked Faith several questions on color over the years. She is always willing to answer - problem is I can't remember half of what she tells me. :eek:

Latest posts

Back