Color class?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equine09

Reaction score
I've heard of color classes and they sound like fun,but what do you do in the class?Is it like a halter class?Also another question:if you're at an open horse show showing your mini with big horses are you allowed to pick up the mini's legs and place them or set them up like a full size horse?I've heard that you can get DQ'ed if you touch your horses legs in a halter class but I suppose if you're showing a mini it's necessary?

Arianne

I've heard of color classes and they sound like fun,but what do you do in the class?Is it like a halter class?Also another question:if you're at an open horse show showing your mini with big horses are you allowed to pick up the mini's legs and place them or set them up like a full size horse?I've heard that you can get DQ'ed if you touch your horses legs in a halter class but I suppose if you're showing a mini it's necessary?

Arianne
You need to check with the association under which you're showing. Most "open" shows adopt someone's set of rules but I've never been anywhere that I can remember where you couldn't touch your horse during halter. It's frowned on by the "pros" at showing but not against any rules.

Maybe you're thinking of showmanship where you cannot touch the horse or you are disqualified.

Oh, and color (at least in AMHR & pinto) you do not "set up" your horse as in halter. You walk in, walk around in a circle one way, reverse, stop and show your number. No posing or squaring - they just decide who they like. They are supposed to look for the ideal 50/50 color.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back