Color class question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwharrie

Reaction score
I think I know the answer but wanted to ask to be sure. If I want to show my red roan gelding in color class he should be entered in the solid color correct? Even though he is really multi colord I am thinking multi color class is just for apps and pintos.

One way to look at it that might help, is Solid Color classes are for the 'color' only without body pattern. Multi Color should actually be 'Multi Pattern' and are for those horses with pinto or appaloosa patterns on their body.

Great question as colour classes are hard to know what goes in them.

I thought if white went up the legs past the hock it had to go in colour class? Is this true?

I thought if white went up the legs past the hock it had to go in colour class? Is this true?
No. There are no restrictions on colour.

That horse could go in any class it was eligible for based on size, gender etc. - as well as the colour classes...
default_yes.gif

Multi-colour classes are indeed for appaloosas and pintos only, so everything else (including roans) goes in solid colour. Not difficult at all.
default_biggrin.png

One way to look at it that might help, is Solid Color classes are for the 'color' only without body pattern. Multi Color should actually be 'Multi Pattern' and are for those horses with pinto or appaloosa patterns on their body.
I show my silver dapple in solid color, even though he has a "body pattern" which are dapples, but no white anywhere else. Does this mean he should be in multi-color? When I clip him he has alot of white dapples all over his body, but no white socks or facial markings. He always does really well in solid color.

minimoesmom - dapples do not count as 'multi-color' so you are showing your silver in the right class. Silver blacks, with or without dapples, belong in the solid color class. As said, appaloosas and pintos are the ones that are supposed to show in multi-color.

minimoesmom - dapples do not count as 'multi-color' so you are showing your silver in the right class. Silver blacks, with or without dapples, belong in the solid color class. As said, appaloosas and pintos are the ones that are supposed to show in multi-color.
Thanks so much for the clarification, I was hoping I was entering the correct class all this time!

Multi-colour classes are indeed for appaloosas and pintos only, so everything else (including roans) goes in solid colour. Not difficult at all.
default_biggrin.png
Exactly :)

There were a number of roan and dappled horses in the solid color classes at Nationals this year. I think a dappled horse was either champion or reserve in solid color just yesterday.

Latest posts

Back