Color and name help??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2ridesaddleseat

Reaction score
My first ever baby was born Tuesday afternoon!! She is the sweetest and friendliest baby ever!!! I'm so in love with her! Her Dam is Grulla and her Sire is Silver Dapple Tobiano, and is homoyzgous for tobiano. She is really light around the muzzle. She has 4 high whites, She has a dorsal that goes down into her tail, don't know if that will stay or not. I will have her tested for color, but I'd love your opinions on what color you think she is or will be, and some name help!!! Thanks!

DSC03076.jpg

DSC03073.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

DSC03061-1.jpg

Great pics Joyce!!!!!

Maxwell Miniatures Fortune in Gold - aka goldie

Maxwell Miniatures Golden Fortune

Maxwell Miniatures Avalanche of Gold

Maxwell Miniatures Golden Avalanche - aka Ava

Colour her very, very sweet!!!

I have a feeling she is a Silver Black Dun, but she may still be a Red Dun....or those dorsals on Silver foals are a so-and-so and she could even turn out to be "just" Silver Black Pinto.

Nice foal though, very nice!!

What a CUTIE! I feel she is Silver Black. I think her dorsal looks more like countershading, than a true dorsal. Either way.......she is a lovely little girl!

She looks like a silver dapple or silver black to me. I think if she was grulla she would have a darker face, legs, mane, and tail. Is your farm name Maxwell Miniatures? For names how about:

Maxwell Miniatures Mam'zel (short for Madamoiselle-my young lady)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also thinking she's is going to be Silver Dapple. Her muzzle area is really light though, so that is throwing me a bit. I'm planning on getting color testing out first thing this week!

Latest posts

Back