Cold Weather

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crackerjackjack

Reaction score
For once I don't have a question. I just had to say that this darn cold weather turns those little poop machines into high gear. I just can't believe how much a little donkey can poop.
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
They have finally figured out not to poop in the rea of the shed. That is were they have all the warmth. They now are pooping the the entrance of the shed. Oh, once in awhile someone will ACCIDENTLY poop in the back of the shed. But that is were they sleep and don't want to roll around in poop all night. Every morning I get a wheelbarrel of poop out of the shed, that is not counting the poop that is frozen to the ground.

But I wouldn't trade my little poop machines in for anything.
default_wub.png
I knew that you would all know what I am talking about. You have all experienced the same thing I am sure.

The colder it is the more they eat, so in turn the more the poop!haha Wish someone would tell my girls not to poop in their barn!haha Nope it is too cold they won't come out and they poop wherever they want!LOL
default_wacko.png

you know..you are right.....mine stand and eat and poop,,,,,.if they move you can see a donkeys length from the hay to the poop..silly girls...

I actually "measured" a night's worth of poop recently (from a cold night). A five-gallon bucket FULL from two little donkeys. Wow
default_wacko.png
This was with most of the straw sifted out....

On a positive note, the frozen poo is easier to remove from the stalls
default_aktion033.gif

50 degrees and sunny, somebody musta put fresh batteries into Betsy and Syd! They go tearing around like a couple of crazy horses, scattering chickens as they run. Syd seems to fancy herself a cutting horse- she likes to herd the goats. They both like to chase the ducks into the pond.

Betsy seems a lot "cleaner" than Syd. When she needs to poop or pee, she goes to one of her half-a-dozen "potty spots" to do her business. Syd just seems to dump wherever and whenever
default_wacko.png

default_no.gif
they are terrible eating/pooping machines ...I agree
default_rolleyes.gif

just when I think they have choosen a preferred corner ... they change their poopin minds
default_wacko.png

My Stable boy has been quite busy this snowy/cold season shoveling the Gems.

And yes.... he says the pickens are much better frozen
default_yes.gif

Thank God their poop don't smell ... well? at least I don't think it smells??
default_unsure.png

default_wub.png
Gotta love those poopin machines!!

Mine still go to bed in a stall together
default_no.gif
, so they have one side of the stall as a toilet area...when we put them in at night they take turns before we turn out the light, useing the toilet area. Once Max goes Emily pushes him aside and goes right over his spot, I think they are neat little poopers....As compared to the pig horse they live with, he always smells like he sleeps in the manure pile :DOH! I forgot he does!

I agree with 'stable boy' pickins are easy if they are frozen...

You all ought to try cleaning up behind 42 of the little poop machines every day..its a never ending job! But, I do have to say my stallions are all very neat about there stalls, but the girls :DOH! :DOH! :DOH! :DOH! :DOH! . We all have the perfect business..its works for us 24 hours a day!

Latest posts

Back