CMHR Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie P

Reaction score
I have been voted in as the new CMHR President. I am VERY honored to take on this position and have great vision for our future. As much as it hurt me to see Jess resign, I am most proud to be his successor. He is a great mentor and I'm sure I will continue to look to him for guidance and support. Jess has the biggest heart of anyone I know. I will always look up to him and consider him a part of my family.

Thank you very much to our Members whom have taken the time to pay their annual dues. You must pay your annual dues to remain a Member of CMHR. This is how this wonderful rescue operates and we couldn't do it without each and every one of you. I welcome anyone that wishes to become a new member.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO MONA STONE for keeping our website updated and looking so beautiful. You are SO appreciated Mona!

Also Huge Thanks to all of our wonderful foster homes and adoptive homes. You are all truly wonderful people and we love each and every one of you.

I am currently looking for new and innovative ways to fundraise. If anyone has any wonderful ideas please email any board member. If your fundraising idea is used you will receive a nice little gift. Rescue related.

We are preparing to attend The World Show in Texas very soon. We are preparing a "show basket" to raffle off. If any vendor would like to contribute a "show" item (ie: halter, cart, harness, shampoos, conditioners, gift certificate etc.............) please let Gini know. Gini will be working our booth this year. I would love to come, but cannot make it this year. Any vendor that donates any item will have their name displayed on our board and also on our website - this is another great way of advertising your business while helping a great cause.

We are also preparing for our Annual Fall Auction so if you have any items you would like to donate that are in good condition please send them along to Gini!

I look forward to working with all of you and thank you so much for all your continued support of CMHR. I will be hitting the road in upcoming months to pay our fosters and adoptive homes a visit. I cannot wait to see how well our horses are doing in their new homes!

Connie Parr

CMHR President

~Making a difference, one miniature horse at a time~

If any vendors read this and would be so kind as to donate to our World Show basket I would be so grateful! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be happy to donate a gift certificate. I'll send it to Gini.

I am always so amazed at the generosity of so many. We already have several folks that have donated for our basket for Nationals! Thank you SO MUCH!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
We will be publicly thanking all at the World Show and also on our website after the show!

For raising a liitle bit at a time that does add up I have a suggestion. I live on a busy road and always have people stopping to ask for farm tours.I always say yes, but there is a small catch.They have to leave me a donation(their choice of the amount) after the tour is finished.I explain to them about Chances and the wonderful work done by all the volunteers especially the foster homes.I also ask for a donation when we go to nursing homes.Most are more than willing.It's not a lot of money at 1 time, but it does add up and every little bit helps.I even got $100 from 1 family.I have them leave the money with me and then I am sure it gets to Chances.

For raising a liitle bit at a time that does add up I have a suggestion. I live on a busy road and always have people stopping to ask for farm tours.I always say yes, but there is a small catch.They have to leave me a donation(their choice of the amount) after the tour is finished.I explain to them about Chances and the wonderful work done by all the volunteers especially the foster homes.I also ask for a donation when we go to nursing homes.Most are more than willing.It's not a lot of money at 1 time, but it does add up and every little bit helps.I even got $100 from 1 family.I have them leave the money with me and then I am sure it gets to Chances.
Bevann what a wonderful idea doing a farm tour!! I know I enjoy people coming and loving on my horses. We have brushes ready for a hands on experience on one or two of the horses. That is a fantastic thing you are doing and CMHR thanks you for your support!

Thank you VERY much Bevann and that is a wonderful idea!
default_biggrin.png
You are so right - it doesn't matter how much as every litttle bit helps. We are most appreciative of any donation big or small. It all helps to help the horses.
default_488.gif
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATULATIONS Connie. CMHR will do well with you at the helm. Jess was wonderful and so will you with him to help you along.

Latest posts

Back