CMHR needs foster home URGENT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
CMHR is in need of a foster care home for a very sweet gelding who is said to be very manageble and no trouble at all. We prefer anyone who maybe close to Georgetown Kentucky but not a must.

We need someone who will have the time to take him to your really good hospital and carry out your really good vet's orders to a T. (which cmhr pays for). He is NOT sick and has all the proper paperwork in order to travel. If you are that someone, please contact Connie immediately

Connie is waiting for your call.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have already spoken with Connie and she explained the requirements to complete all the forms to be an official Foster Home. We really aren't interested in doing that. I can't tell from this post why this situation is considered to be urgent.

If you need a short term stay - not a foster home - but an interim one - say a month or less - and you are unable to make any other arrangements -- we would be glad to help you out. If you don't need us - that is even better - because that will most likely mean you will have found an excellent foster home.

We live in Georgetown KY about 30 minute trailer ride from Rood & Riddle and 20 minutes from Hagyards. You can reach us via email should you want to.

Thanks and happy holidays to you all

JJay

Hi Bluerocket and thanks for your response. Glad to see you here again. Been a long time!

It is an urgent matter. We need this horse in a foster home where someone has access to bring him to a hospital for us for treatment for an injury, and then foster him until he is adopted. Unfortunatley, some of our horses remain in foster care for a very long time. With transportation costing what it does, it is nearly impossible for us to keep paying a transport for a horse to keep moving around, and its not good for the horse either. That is why a temporary situation usually will not work out for us. We can't keep paying hundreds of dollars every few weeks to transport a horse. We need a place for our horses to call "HOME" for he duration and that can be several months, even a year. A place where he can be re-habbed and loved and nurtured and treated as your own. But people are not beating our barn doors down to adopt or foster. Sad, but true.

About our paperwork. Last month my son Dan went to the Chattanooga Humane Society and decided to foster a little abandoned kitten that needed bottle feeding. Well to his shock, he was in their office filling out paper work for 2 hours! He couldn't believe it! Then he has had to bring the kitten back there twice now for a full exam and update and more paperwork. So I think our paper work is a walk in the park in comparrison to some other organizations out there. It is CMHR bi-law and policy that we keep a very detailed paper trail on every single horse in the CMHR program. We must cross every "T" and dot every "I". It might be a pain for some people (like me- my gosh my desk is a wreck) that can't stand paperwork, (I am the biggest slacker) but hope you understand that we must keep forms filled out and signed to know the whereabouts of every one of our horses at all times. We have so many horses spread out .....way out there all over the place that we need a way of keeping tabs on every one of them so records are a must have and just part of it all. Our secretary is a Saint frequently drowing in paperwork. Even if someone transports a horse for us, there is paperwork done. Just has to be that way. We run a very tight ship and must have compete records constantly.

I hope someone will read this and be able to help this little horse out. If we can get his injury healed, or at least improved, we are possitive this little guy is going to make someone a very nice pet.

Thanks again Bluerocket for responding.

no not yet
default_no.gif

Wish I was closer too. I have a great vet and am about a 2 1/2 hour drive from the large animal hospital in St. Hyacinthe.

Latest posts

Back