Closing off a section of pasture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
This spring, when the hay ran out, we fenced in our backyard and opened it up for the horses. Now that we have hay again (and NO grass in the back yard), I want to close it back off and let it grow out. The horses have been used to the fence being open for so long, I'm wondering how to go about doing this safely, without them running into the fence, especially at night. I was thinking of putting their water tub and a LOT of pink flags right in that spot so they'd know, and also allowing them to see that they can't get through there. They're not even using the yard much anymore, anyway.

Any suggestions?

When I change things around in the pastures I do it in the morning so that they have a whole day of light to get used to it. make sure to bring them over so they can see that it has changed. Pink ribbon might be a good idea too depending on your fencing. I'm sure they will be fine.

When I change things around in the pastures I do it in the morning so that they have a whole day of light to get used to it. make sure to bring them over so they can see that it has changed. Pink ribbon might be a good idea too depending on your fencing. I'm sure they will be fine.

I do the same... I make any fencing changes first thing in the morning and mark it with the plastic ribbon I keep on hand for just such occasions, I walk them along it so they can see where it is, I watch them throughout the day and by nightfall they have it down pat and I've never had a problem. And I make a lot of fencing changes so they have new fencelines to learn quite frequently.

Latest posts

Back