Clipping foals this time of year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westwood Farms

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just getting around to clipping foals to get them sold since I had my son, and I am wondering if ya'll would post pictures for me of how you clip this time of year. I am in southeast Texas, so it is still very warm,a nd will be for a while, but I do not want to take any chances. I know I have seen head and necks, and done them, but how do you show off the topline? Legs? Would some of ya'll post your pictures for me?

Is there anything I can do to improve the color, like the palomino pintos, buckskins? Leave them wet?

Any suggestions and pix will be greatly appreciated!!

thanks

default_please.gif
:

Well I'm in Texas too. I saw my minis are growing their hair so I'm not going to do it. They never get fuzzys this early. I'm taking the hint and not clipping, because nature is telling me its going to be a cold winter....

I clipped my guys head and neck about a month ago. I don't want him getting cold so I didn't clip any more than that. I was hoping to get an idea on his color (didn't help). Mom and auntie are already getting harry and it has been in the 40's at night with a couple of nights in the low 30's. I don't want to blanket 'til it gets real cold so I am not clipping any more 'til spring.

Well I'm in Texas too. I saw my minis are growing their hair so I'm not going to do it. They never get fuzzys this early. I'm taking the hint and not clipping, because nature is telling me its going to be a cold winter....

We listen to nature too and do exactly the same

A

Latest posts

Back