Clipper Reviews

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maestoso

Reaction score
I wouldn't go near a horse without my Double K's, but would like something smaller and more flexible for heads and for touch-ups.

I have used Laube Lazor Clippers before and really liked them but would prefer something chordless.

It needs to be a powerful Clipper. I have used the Oster chordless ones before and I don't like them, they are too weak for what I am looking for.

If there's a great set out there that's not chordless, I would sacrifice that luxury in exchange for power.

Needs to be compatible with the A5 interchangable blades.

Looking specifically for suggestions from people who clip a lot. I need something that can last more than one head or two before it gets too hot or starts to crap out.

Thanks in advance.

I was going to suggest the Wahl Chromado, but if you're determined to have a cordless clipper that takes the A5 blades then that suggestion is out. Too bad, because otherwise I would think it would work great for you.

The Chromado is what I have and I really like them. I bought them in April 2005 and have used them a lot--this will be their 7th season & they're still going strong on the original battery. I admit the battery did start to slow down a little bit last fall, but it's still far from "dead". The adjustable blade will do a lot of clipping, even on dirty horses. Generally I use just one blade for summer--that's for clipping bridle paths, jaws, legs, knocking the winter fuzz off some of the horses in the spring, body clipping foals (clipped out 6 foals with it the one year)--by fall the blade is getting kind of dull, but it does very well really! I do use a new blade for clipping heads for a show--I'll use the regular blade for doing the legs, then put the new one on when I do heads. That blade will then get moved to regular duty the following year. I haven't had any problems with the blade heating up much--very pleased with the clipper in that respect too.

I'm told that the Wahl Arco is just as good, and the benefit of the Arco is it comes with 2 batteries; to put a new battery in the Chromado I will have to send it in to a repair shop & have them do it.

For head/neck/trims, I really love my Andis Super 2-Speed AGC's. Had them for a decade and they're great. Wouldn't do without my Double K's, but these are a great compliment to them, in my opinion, and I have body clipped horses with the Andis before I bought my Double K's
default_smile.png

I agree with Minimor-I LOOOOOOVE my Wahl Chromado's. I've had two sets of the Laube cordless that I wasn't crazy about. One thing I really like about the Chromado's is that you can use it cordless and then if you need to you can plug the cord in and use it with the cord. Am looking at buying another set right now!!!

I also have the ones that Jill talks about. I like them too, but wanted cordless ones too.

You can get a battery pack for Laubes, might want to check into that to make them cordless.

Karen

I also have the Andis Super 2-Speed AGC's and I use them for body clipping,too, as I don't have the Double K's.(maybe someday) They work great for me and I would highly recommend them
default_smile.png

I love my Laube Speed Feed clippers for touch-ups, head, etc. Got the two battery packs charging in my pantry now. Of course I use the Double K's for bodies but the cordless are so handy for taking to shows and when the power goes off! Much easier to do heads without changing blades all the time, as they adjust to 9, 10, 15, 30, and 40 blade sizes that you can can lock in and not just guess at.

Latest posts

Back