Clipper advice please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondinmypocket

Reaction score
Thinking about clippers. Both face and body. Can I have your advice on face clippers. Best quality for poor people.

Thanks

I like my Andis AGC Super 2-Speeds. I also have Double K's, which I love, but they are more expensive. I use the Double K's for body clipping and the Andis for faces and usually legs. However, before I bought the Double K's, I used the Andis for it all
default_yes.gif

I'm really cheap so I just bought this little horse shave razor at a local fleet supply for around 4 bucks and that's what I use to shave her muzzle and around her eyes. Unless you're talking about shaving the fur and stuff then never mind--sorry XD

I like my Andis AGC Super 2-Speeds. I also have Double K's, which I love, but they are more expensive. I use the Double K's for body clipping and the Andis for faces and usually legs. However, before I bought the Double K's, I used the Andis for it all
default_yes.gif
I was going to say the exact same thing. I love my Andis--in fact, we have 4 of them. We use the double k mostly for bodies and the andis for everything else. Andis is a bit more expensive than some of the others, but well worth the money. I have had two of my sets for 4 or 5 years now and have gotten all 4 sets cleaned and repaired very reasonably by Procut. We do full fuzzy clips on up to 25 or more horses every spring and usually have up to 6 in our show herd that we clip all summer long so these clippers get LOTS of use.

I have always used Andis or Oster for Dog Grooming (professional) but recently found a deal for 10.00 at a flea market for the KM2 by Wahl. I figured what's 10.00 with 3 blades. I now don't even pick up myu Andis or Osters I strictly use the Wahl they power house through a German Shepherds body coat in the spring and do wonders on my Mini's body. Nice and smooth running stay cooler longer and have a nice feel to them. About the same price as Andis or Oster unless you can luck out like I did.

I love my Wahl cordless clippers--I do my show clips and rough body clips with them and after 8 years of clipping they are still going on the original battery. I have the Chromadi.

I do also have Double K's--purchased because people said they were the only way to go. I have to say-those things are the biggest waste of money that I have ever...well...wasted money on!!! If I could go back and do it over I would never

buy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my Double K clippers. If you do a search for "clippers", you'll find a ton of information on this forum!

Liz N.

Osters have worked well for me without getting overheated or burning out. I have used my Andis but they don't have the torque that the Osters have and going through that winter coat every spring need some serious torque!

Latest posts

Back