Clipped my yearling filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheyAut

Reaction score
I couldn't stand her buffalo-ness any longer lol! I actually figured this would take several days, she'd never seen clippers before. But other than being scared the first few seconds when I turned on the clippers, she was almost PERFECT! I was soooo happy with her!
default_smile.png
We are still having some cool nights here and there (I'm in Az, so nothing COLD right now, but cool) and I hate to blanket, so I did a number 5 in the direction of hair growth to still leave her some hair, so it sure doesn't look great but I"m still very pleased!
default_smile.png
(did a 7 against on the head/neck) She was born last August, so she's about 8.5 months old now.

Before:

pebbles24-5-10.jpg

pebbles104-5-10.jpg

After:

pebbles44-23-10.jpg

pebbles54-23-10.jpg

pebbles84-23-10.jpg

pebbles104-23-10.jpg

Wow, she's a really good-looking girl! So much fuzzies - then, magically - lots of leg! I love before and after pictures...
default_biggrin.png

Aw! What a cutie. I hope my yearling looks that good when I clip her in several weeks. She's looking much more like a buffalo, right now, than yours pre-clip.

Aw! What a cutie. I hope my yearling looks that good when I clip her in several weeks. She's looking much more like a buffalo, right now, than yours pre-clip.
I hope you'll share pics (before and after) when you do!
default_smile.png

I hope you'll share pics (before and after) when you do!
default_smile.png
I'll try to remember. I need to pick up a 7# blade somewhere, I don't want her to end up pink, she's cremello (or perhaps smokey cream). but, I know she'll need to be clipped, none of my minis shed off very nicely on their own as yearlings. [i have one that still doesn't have a tight summer coat.]

Yeah, it's weird about the yearlings, I find they don't shed out, either! I shave all mine in a 7, I like it better than a 10. (note, Pebbles was done in a #5 with the growth vs against, not a #7 against ;) )

Yeah, it's weird about the yearlings, I find they don't shed out, either! I shave all mine in a 7, I like it better than a 10. (note, Pebbles was done in a #5 with the growth vs against, not a #7 against ;) )
Last week, I did a real hatchet job on my one mare, clipmasters with the hair just to remove some of her really itchy woolies. I started out with intentions of belly clipping two preggos; one got the hatchet job (extremely itchy and woolie - not so itchy without all the hair, and then the weather turned cooler), the other just a head/neck clean-up (she doesn't have much of a winter coat).

I need to see about finding 7# or 5# blades for my clippers. I have a set of Wahl KM-2s, and I'm pretty sure I should be able to find the right blades, somewhere. But, the woolie removing clipmasters? I don't know if they make different blades for them, guess I'll have to find out (so far, I've only seen one type of blade for them).

Latest posts

Back