Cleaned out the sheep barn finally

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twister

Reaction score
We got rid of the sheep 2 years ago, we had them in a coverall building where they thrived because of the natural light. So I thought why not turn it into an indoor arena where I could work the horses and the dogs. We still have to get some gravel and sand but it is cleared out and I have been working the horses in there.

DSC04147.jpg

DSC04148.jpg

DSC04149.jpg

Doesn't look bad eh?

Yvonne

Looks great Yvonne! What a great idea! It will sure be nice when the weather is less than desirable. You could probably use it for turnout too in weather where it isn't good to have them outside. At least they would get to stretch their legs.
default_biggrin.png

That is a beautiful building! What a great place to work horses.

How does it hold up in winter weather and wind?
It is engineered to withstand wind and the snow just drops off it because of the shape, it is guaranteed for 20 years and we just put it up November 2002. It is a Coverall building measuring 40' by 60' so ample room for them to run around when I am freelunging. It will also be useful for teaching the young ones to jump and do obstacle and I can also use it in the winter for training the dogs. I bought some agility equipment to keep them fit in the winter months when I can't work them outside on retrieving. As Kim (dreaminmini) says I can use it for turnout too so all in all it was a great buy.
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Yvonne I can not believe you have had that full of sheep poop for two years and not been using it!!!!

LOL I would love to have one here!

Yvonne I can not believe you have had that full of sheep poop for two years and not been using it!!!!

LOL I would love to have one here!
Well Doobie They say the road to he.. is full of good intentions LOL but there were dividers for the sheep in there that were very heavy so I had to persuade hubby to move them with the tractor. Now all is good:)

Yvonne

We have always wanted an indoor arena , you sure are lucky
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back