Christmas Plans?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amoreminiatures

Reaction score
With Christmas just around the corner, what are your Christmas plans?? Did the snow storms change your plans ?

We will be having a wonderful Christmas Eve, spent with dear friends, enjoying dinner and gift exchange. Then Christmas morning Santa gifts here, then the kids come with our Precious Grandchildren, we open presents and enjoy our Christmas dinner with Tons of Lasanga ~ Ham ~ Cheesey Potato's and ALL the fixin's we finish dinner off with a BEAUTIFUL Tradition I started ( When they were babies) with my Granddaughters of having a birthday cake ( made with Red Velvet Cake & White Frosting ) and Joyfully sing " Happy Birthday " personally that is the HIGHLIGHT of Christmas for me, although they are starting to get older 8 & 10 they still EXPECT this tradition.

With this being our last Christmas in this / OUR home here in Michigan ~ I think things will be alittle more cherished.
default_wub.png

Next year we'll have to drive up for the holidays or they will come down to the warmth..

I'ed love to hear your plans ...

Wishing You and Yours a Merry Christmas

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures

I like to read about how everyone else celebrates their Christmas, sounds like you have a lot of fun.

We own our own jewelry store and this time of year is very busy for my husband, since I work at a school I am lucky enough to have the holidays off. So I do all the cooking for everyone on my side of the family. We celebrate together on Christmas Eve and exchange gifts, after they have all left our own family exchanges gifts and then when the kids were little Santa would come xmas morning. We go to my husbands family for an early xmas luncheon and then back home for leftovers with whoever wants to show up. I make more of a traditional meal, turkey, ham, dressing, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, fried cabbage, purple hull peas and trying a new dish this year broccoli and water chestnut casserole. For dessert I will make cheesecake, custard pie and pumpkin, my mom is making a chocolate pie and some divinity. Yes,we will be miserable.
default_wink.png

Its been a hard past few weeks for my parents, my sister has been in the hospital for a week now so we will be going to spend extra time with her on christmas and christmas eve. My father was in the hospital just a few weeks prior to this for a few days, he is out and fine now, buts its just been really intense. I think my parents are going to try to stay overnight at the hospital on christmas eve, i'll have to stay home for the dogs and drive over and check in on them.

I think we are going to my brothers house for christmas, just like always...not sure about this year, we might just stop in and say hello to everyone. I have all my christmas shopping done, got the dogs presents bought...parents done...brothers are done..my sis is done...friends are done, still need to pick something up for a few people at work. I'll probably take one last trip to the mall tommarow and make sure i've got everything, then wrap up everything that is piled up and taking over my closet on wensday too.

Atleast it looks like christmas out
default_wub.png

I will be working just like every holiday, hubby too. Planes still fly no matter the holiday. So just any ole day for me except it's double pay!

On Christmas Eve afternoon, we go to H's parents' house which is about an hour away. H's brothers and their families will be there, as will his grandmother and his uncle with his family. There will be A LOT of people there
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

On Christmas morning, we go to my parents' house and my sister with her husband and their two boys will be there. We'll open presents and have brunch. My mom is just an amazing cook (like an artist at it) and there will be booze -- it's afternoon *somewhere*
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

The best thing is going to be coming back home both days to our "big" Christmas present, our shih-tzu puppy, Watson. He was an early Christmas gift from my parents and the best Christmas present of all time. He is currently valued at approximately $100 billion
default_yes.gif
:yes
default_yes.gif

Hope all our members have a GREAT Christmas!!!

candy.gif
xmas7.gif
elf.gif
dance11.gif
merrychristmas3.gif
dance11.gif
elf.gif
xmas7.gif
candy.gif

Wed late morning I will leave for Ann Arbor, so I am hoping for good roads and weather. That night, my Aunt and I go to my younger cousin's house to celebrate with him and wife and kids and the wife's parents. Christmas morning my Aunt and I exchange gifts, then head to the other cousin's house to begin the day with mimosas and goodies to munch and exchange gifts with them and their kids. Then later in the day insanity starts when the other cousin shows up, more parents of wives and siblings. I have no idea how many will be there.

Both nights end with just my Aunt and I sharing some wine, with the fond name of Two Buck Chuck's.

Friday, I drive back to Ohio to exchange gifts with my Brother and Sister-in-law and roommates. Then, we take a deep breath and muck out the house in preparation for our annual New Years gathering.

Janice, say hi to my BF, er I mean your hubby.
default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif
default_rolleyes.gif

Christmas eve, we go to my in laws for a fun and usually interesting time
default_laugh.png
.Christmas morning our house,invite my parents, grandparent and husbands uncle. lunch we walk across the yard to my parents house and my sis and grandparents pig out
default_aktion033.gif
. Saturday we have a big dinner for extended family also my daughters 14th birthday. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Snow has not changed our plans around (as of yet, but New England you never know).

Normally we go to Christmas Eve Mass with my parents and my sister (brother's wife) with their 2 children. Then we drive around looking at the lights. Depending on the time we go to my brother's house for some snack food and just talk.

Christmas morning we stay home till about noon. The kids get up and do all the chores for the animals (best present I can ask for) and can have their stocking and Santa present. They cook us breakfast too. (This is how it was when I grew up too). We then get up and open present's one at a time. We then go to my parents house for the get together and dinner. My grandparents come up too. It is a great time, on each plate the children put poppers and before we eat we all open them and the little toy goes flying and we put on the crowns.

It is always sad to see Christmas go by so quickly. This year I have to work the following day.

I have to work x-mas eve day til about 3pm then me and my boyfriend are heading over to his parents for dinner. We are both so looking forward to it
default_wink.png

We are spending x-mas morning in our apartment and doing "From Santa" gifts to each other and the pets, And i am making a very special Christmas breakfast for us.

Then it's off to my parents house for the afternoon and eveing and big big big Dinner and more gifts! ( my mom always goes way over board with persents lol)

On christmas morning I do my chores, then spend time with my husband opening gifts, around 10a.m we head to his brothers place where all my husbands side of the family goes for lunch, we open gifts then eat, after lunch we pack up our presents and head back home to feed the horses, after that we then head to my parents house for supper, first open gifts, then eat supper. So christmas day is a full day here for us.

Christmas plans??????? (sigh)

Christmas morning will be nice and quiet. Just the three of us opening presents. I'll probably make the annual coffee cake.

Christmas dinner is going to be a bit different. I usually cook. But the family we thought was coming has made other plans, so now we are going OUT for dinner!
default_new_shocked.gif
Not sure what I'm going to do with myself! (And we have a 20 lb turkey sitting in the freezer!)

I am off Christmas Eve and Day. Christmas Eve we go to a matinee movie and out to dinner-usually Red Lobster! Yum we love that place..

Christmas Day- we do Christmas morning with our 2 kids, then my parents and sister will come for a big lunch. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes. corn, green beans, dinner rolls, pumpkin and apple pie...

I love all the yummy food this time of year.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I have also been making mint chocolate cookies, triple chip bars, and reindeer food... Yum, good thing we dont eat like this all the time!

Hubby works up until Christmas Eve. So that will just be feeding the horses, cats and us.

Then on Christmas having a coffee when he wakes up. Tending to the horses and passing out the treats! Just kicking back and being together. Some time during the day we'll open the gifts from Secret Santa and my friends (that's all there is) and I have a lovely dinner planned that we're looking forward to. Pork steaks, mashed taters, mushrooms & gravy.

Then some time during the day we'll go over to visit Theresa & Art (rockin r) She has requested one of my warm hugs!

Then we'll feed and water the horses and cats.

Everyone drive safe!
default_smile.png

Well, this Christmas will definitely be a different one for me. My dad passed away on May 19, so it'll be the first one without hm. I'm sure not looking forward to that aspect of it. However, Alexis and I will be sharing Christmas with my fiance, Dick Neville, from Ohio. My what??? Yes, I'm engaged to be married which will be happening next month, and then we're moving to Ohio!! Alexis has mixed feelings about it, mostly because she doesn't want to leave her friends, her school, and her "comfort zone", but I couldn't possibly be happier. Dick is a blacksmith, and shoes Standardbred racehorses. We first knew each other 30 years ago when I worked with the horses in Florida and then, long story short, we reconnected last year in August when I was judging a show near Columbus.

As for Christmas celebrations, Dick arrived here yesterday. On Christmas Eve, we will get together with two of my brothers (one of whom hasn't met him yet) and their families for dinner, gift exchange, and one or two church services. Christmas morning will be just the three of us here, and then we go to my Dad's house, or I guess I should say my step-mother's house now, for more celebrating and a wonderful turkey dinner. We have a ton of snow which makes everything look so beautiful. I just hope the rain they're forecasting for tomorrow doesn't wash it all away!

Janice, I so enjoyed seeing you and Dom at Urbana this summer! I hope our paths will cross again soon. I wish you a most blessed and Merry Christmas, shared with your beautiful family. I hope 2009 will be an extra special year for you, and I wish you good health above all, happiness and prosperity. Big warm hugs to both of you!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Well, this Christmas will definitely be a different one for me. My dad passed away on May 19, so it'll be the first one without hm. I'm sure not looking forward to that aspect of it. However, Alexis and I will be sharing Christmas with my fiance, Dick Neville, from Ohio. My what??? Yes, I'm engaged to be married which will be happening next month, and then we're moving to Ohio!! Alexis has mixed feelings about it, mostly because she doesn't want to leave her friends, her school, and her "comfort zone", but I couldn't possibly be happier. Dick is a blacksmith, and shoes Standardbred racehorses. We first knew each other 30 years ago when I worked with the horses in Florida and then, long story short, we reconnected last year in August when I was judging a show near Columbus.
CONGRATS to you on your engagement!! Guess we'll both be getting married soon!!
default_smile.png

As for my Christmas plans...well...they are ALL up in the air right now...waiting on the weather... *sigh* We have a foot or more of snow on the ground (which is a huge deal here in the valley...LOL ) Our "normal" plans are to go to my sister's house for Christmas Eve to be with her, my BIL and 3 nieces, my parents, my brother and SIL for dinner and gift exchange. Then on Christmas Day, we go to my parents house for dinner and just "hanging out"...with my kids and some other relatives added. This year, if we still have snow tomorrow and cant drive...we will be "postponing" Christmas eve til Saturday (when the weather is supposed to be warmer) and Deb and I will hang out here at home and then go to my parents' house on Christmas Day (since it is about 100 ft from my house...lol).

I have not been able to buy my son's Christmas gift yet and also have not gone grocery shopping for the food I usually cook for the dinner...I am sick of the snow now! PFFT!

Congratulations Judy & Dick on your engagement !! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness

Please tell my girl Alexis, Merry Christmas and we are sending our love to her, my goodness did she grow up this past year, time is just flying by..

Judy Thank You SO Much for the kind words, we are excited with the NEW YEAR and NEW Location getting here fast, it will NOT break my heart at all to NOT see white stuff, and be one of the sickening people whom LAUGH at those of us STUCK IN THIS MESS.. But I guess I'll have a smile on my face too, when I don't have to deal with Michigan Winters ANYMORE
default_risa_suelos.gif

Hope to see you soon, You'll be in my thoughts, post pictures from the wedding!!

We Love You,

Janice Silvio

Amore' Miniatures

It will be Art, Donnie and my mom for dinner. We open our stockings on xmas eve and presents xmas day. I am sooo glad that Reo and hubby are going to stop by
default_wub.png
, she gives the best hugs!

Merry Christmas to everyone.....Art and Theresa

Dont mean to be the bah humbug here but its just another day to me.....

I was going to fly my mother out but something came up that shouldnt have so cant do it (she is going to spend xmas alone also)

I sent my crew to their familys, they said that they would stay with me but nobody should be with out their family at the holidays (except me)

As far as the "christmas meal" gotta love hotdogs. Dont like to cook full meals when im by myself to much waste.

Well that was my ramblings so .........

EVERYONE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dawn

P.S. I didnt even get a xmas card from my brothers again this year

Well lets see. I have had 3 Christmas celebrations so far.

Since my husband is working his 3 week shift on the North Slope of Alaska over Christmas, his side of the family and mine, had Christmas already with him and then he and I had our day, so that makes 3.

On Christmas Day I go to the in-laws then, again.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back