My EX Emailed Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katiean

Reaction score
You know when I went to see my Ex a couple of months ago and I said his life sucked worse than mine? Well, I am so glad I have the family I have even though we might fight a lot. He emailed me today and thanked me for the gift I sent to him. He said it would most likely be the only thing he gets for Christmas. How sad this is because he is living in his fathers house (they have a maid and drive a jag). His brother lives there too. He has a daughter and grand baby that lives about 10 miles away from him. His mother is also there somewhere in the mix. But yet no one does anything for anyone.

On a contrast. My family. I have 2 brothers that live 1-1 1/2 miles away from me. One has kids. My mom lives with me. My sister that lives in OR. Sent us gifts and we sent her gifts too. My youngest brother is coming over on Christmas eve where we exchange gifts. Then my oldest brother will come over on Christmas day. It isn't just the gifts it is that the family gets together and enjoys the company of the others.

When I was with my EX I was always sure to send gifts to his daughter. We also had the house decorated and enjoyed gifts with each other. Then we would go to his mothers for what was supposed to be Christmas breakfast. All I ever saw was eggnog that was loaded with RUM. First thing in the morning drinking that much? Are you kidding me? On top of that I am allergic to Alcohol. I couldn't even partake of what she had for the kids because there was NOTHING the kids could drink. I never saw any food. Then we got to spend an enjoyable evening at his dads (my family lived in another state) for dinner. I went expecting to help and I asked what we were having for dinner and they said Ham. OK, what can I do to help? Thats the way I was raised. They looked at me very shocked for offering. OK... Well, dinner. HAM was ALL we had. NO FIXINS!! What!? That year Steve and I did contribute a Santa visit for his niece. His family just doesn't go to any effort for anything. I guess thats why he is the way he is.

That is very sad but I think you realize that you can't fix him or his family. This is also an example of just because people have money doesn't necessarily equate happiness!!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back