Christmas Parade in Tomball Texas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teresa

Reaction score
The girl scouts enjoyed showing the miniatures in the Tomball parade on Saturday. Vicki did a terrific job posting the pictures on a webpage. The cute little elf is none other than Journeys End (Vickie with an "e")Tomball parade

There are 3 pages....Enjoy...it will help you get in the spirit

WHOOO HOOO!!!! Ya'll looked great! Having rode in the Tomball Parade several times, it's a great parade to be in! Of course, my hubby was cursing the parade as he didn't realize it was going by his store and he could have closed down the store for the day! He said they closed down his street and they didn't have any business. Of course, having once lived in the area, I know if you aren't IN the parade or you aren't GOING to the parade, you might as well STAY HOME!

Looking good!
default_saludando.gif

OH my gosh thank you for that! Someone worked very hard on those gorgeous blankets. My goodness the horses looked amazing; just exactly how they should be presented so festive and lovely and healthy at this time of year! Wonderful, wonderful! And the kids looked adorable and so happy too.

Thank you for posting...that was a wonderful presentation and I sure wish I could have seen it in person!!
default_wub.png

Wonderful pictures! You all looked like you were having so much fun!!

I LOVE the red blankets! Did you buy them and add white fur trim or did someone make them..

Thanks so much for sharing !
default_smile.png

Vicki T and Teresa made all of those blankets.

There was a lot of stress the day before the parade getting them finished.

The only one I made was the "Merry Christmoose" for Spirit.

They did a great job and the girls were thrilled.

That is soooo cool. We have a parade on the 6th and the girls still have not decided if they are going to drive together oe if one is going to ride the big horse (not mine). If they drive together they have to decorate the Easy Entry cart. If Jessie is driving by herself she will drive the farm wagon so it has to be decorated accordingly. They better hurry up and decide.
default_new_shocked.gif

BTW, I would like to point out that two of the horses are stallions who were absolute gentlemen.

Blaze as Rudolph and Billy Ray is pulling the cart.

At each of our two practice parades we had horses getting loose and kids being dragged into the grass. It was a sucessful parade because no kid had road rash and no horse went on a run about! Vickie and Teresa worked so hard on the parade too. We figured out that a 40 inch square of fabric could be folded in half and an angle cut for the neck. A smaller square is needed for the tiny horses - perhaps 35 inches - measure from the center of the front of the chest back to the tail for the dimensions of the square. We used ribbon to close the front with a bow and wide velcro stapled on for the girth. The tail bows were heavy enough that we braided some of the tail into the bow to help hold it in place. It was just fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the pictures, they made me smile and put me in the Christmas spirit
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back