Chinese Crested

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a senior Poodle so have been cruising the rescue places. I am amazed at the number of Chinese Crested dogs that are in rescues.

Poor little things.I guess they were a fad and then people got bored with them.I feel bad for them especially being up here in the cold north.

Some of them seem to have skin problems? I don't know anything about them but they sure look cute and loving.

But I am really wanting an older poodle.

Hugs( the sun is coming out!!!!!

Bonnie

I suspect they became fads and the millers got them going in big numbers. Unfortunately they do require a bit more care than carrying around in a purse...
default_no.gif

Poor things I feel so bad for them.

Bonnie

I have three chinese cresteds, they are like potato chips, you just can't have one
biggrin.gif
. I love the breed. Smart, highly trainable, do great in obedience, clean, do not smell doggie even when wet. Dental problems and missing teeth and some skin problems on the hairless ones are a draw back I would say, but if you keep them clean and do their teeth they do ok. The personality is terrific. I have a few obedience titles on my cresteds and my trainer put the first OTCH on a chinese crested. My cresteds are powderpuffs and they have hair all over and gorgeous flowing silky coats. Easy to groom, non shedding. Lots of people are not aware that the chinese crested comes in both hairless and powderpuff variaties. The hairless are fun too, several of my friends have them. You just put on a coat, but truthfully they do about as good as a min pin in the winter. The hairless ones with a decent mane and hair on their legs do grow body hair that needs shaving so they keep their pretty "unicorn" appearance. On the funky looking really hairless ones I say, nobody would own a dog that funky looking unless it was a terrific dog. Love the personality. They are really snuggly and love their humans. cheers.
saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to have a powderpuff Crested -- I am going to have to figure out a way to sneak one into our little family in the not too distant future!

I dont have one but I would. I think they are awesome dogs and very fun to draw!

I have never been sorry having my powderpuff cresteds. I can bathe and blow one dry in 20 minutes that is how fast they dry with that silky fluffy coat. They tangle less if you keep them clean. I brush them out to the skin once a week. I keep my older guys hair trimmed shorter, just easier for the senior dogs.. I like mine with their muzzles shaved, they will grow a beard if you do not shave the face. If you have more than one they will sometimes "sing" for you. At the speciality sometimes when the whole place is filled with cresteds one will start to sing and they will all join in. It cracks me up. They are rather cat like at times and will get up on your kitchen table if you aren't looking. They really aren't yappy dogs, just the singing thing and that is usually after you leave the house you can hear them in there singing for a chorus or two. I have two boys and one tiny girl. They come in all colors. They are very loving and will follow you everywhere. Mine are good with kids and other dogs too, but I did do a lot of obedience and socialization with mine. Love them!, so glad my trainer talked me into trying one.
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so sad and i dont have one but would take one in a heart beat if i knew my Chi would be ok with it. Nacho loves our cat but not so crazy about our outside dogs

Latest posts

Back