Chattering teeth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle

Reaction score
Hi everyone, A couple of days ago I noticed that my 2 year old Weimaraner has moments of teeth chattering. It will happen whilst she is laying quietly or when she is walking around the house. It doesn't last for long but her whole head shakes. Any ideas what it could be? She will be seeing the vet tomorrow.

Thanks Renee

My schanuzer chatters when he really wants something bad, such as his tennis ball or a treat. I have never heard of what your dog is doing. Maybe it is a nervous twitch sort of thing. I am curious to know what your vet says.

If it was just the chattering teeth and nothing more, I would tend to think it was due to excitement, but since you say it happens even while resting(and I am assuming not excited about anything) and also that his entire head shakes too, that would definitely be of concern to me, and make me think seizures of some sort. Best of Luck...let us know what your vet says.

Reble thanks for the info, we went to see the vet and he said to wait a week or two as she is also in heat and he thinks it could be that, I will return to the vet when she has finished.

Latest posts

Back