Charicatures of my mini mares

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watcheye

Reaction score
I was up late the other night and randomly decided to draw the girls as animated horses. I have a lot of fun with that kind of thing and plan to work on these more for sure. I am still perfecting the style I want to use. In any case, I thought you guys may like to see it. I am working on capturing their personalities. Hiawatha is usually peeking from behind something with a very concerned look on her face and Prism thinks that she still fits in your lap.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

charicature.jpg

Well, let me know what you think.
default_smile.png

WOW those are adorable! I have some donkeys I'd love you to do
default_yes.gif
:

Great!! You are very talented. It must be wonderful to be so creative and enjoy it so much at the same time. It does show in your work.

You are very talented! Your drawing is amazing. I don't usually look at many pictures here on the site as most just take too long to show up on my screen (slow dial up and old computer) but this drawing of yours was well worth the wait. I loved seeing it. Thank you.

ADORABLE! You have captured so much personality and your style has a very relaxed fun feel to it that compliments the emotion of the picture. Very nice!

Wow thanks guys! I am so excited that everyone seems to like them! I had a lot of fun doing them and am looking forward to doing more soon. I need to purchase new markers so I have a broader range of colors. I am seriously thinking of advertising for this kind of thing but I am TERRIBLE at advertising so I have yet to figure that one out. I know that there is something on the main page that I need to go to for starters. Maybe some sort of web site? I am a clueless advertiser. :eek: Horses are how I learned to draw and I am very happy drawing them. I like to draw dogs too. I will try to do many more and post them for everyone to see. You guys can help me perfect my style and capture the personalities.
default_yes.gif
: Thanks again. I really appreciate the input.

Thank you so much guys! I am so happy everyone likes them. I have such a blast doing them. I did two more last night of my stud colt Funny Side. They are really funny. One of them is just him being... his hot shot self and the other one is of him dressed up in braids and pink bows and a fake unicorn horn hating every minute of it. Hee hee :bgrin I will try to show everyone later tonight when I can get to a scanner. I will have to look into the site stuff later. I am TERRIBLE with that kind of thing :eek: totally clueless. Also, Barnbum, what do you mean here? "Also--you could auction off some pictures--ones done of the winner's horses." What winner? How do we find a winner ^_^ Well I will try to post my new stuff soon. I have a lot of ideas for my horses as they are quite the characters.
default_yes.gif
:

Oh my gosh. How cool are they?! I would love something like that done with all of my guys. I will be on the lookout when you decide to start taking clients.

Kim

Those are amazing!!!!

I'm a person that likes horses to look like horses but those

really catch my eye....

The personality of the horses just hits you - love the eyes!

It is easiest when I know the horse but its pretty easy to have pictures and then get a discription from the owner reguarding the horse's personality. From there, I come up with expressions and poses, check with the one who knows the horse best and draw draw draw
default_yes.gif
: Its not hard.

Those are amazing!!!!

I'm a person that likes horses to look like horses but those

really catch my eye....

The personality of the horses just hits you - love the eyes!
Oh I can do them more realistically too. That is one of my biggest challenges really - trying to steer away from the realistic type more and draw a more comical image. I can revert back to the realistic type as well though.

Latest posts

Back