champagne?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle Bradford

Reaction score
AppleJack was labeled as champagne ( that is him in my profile picture) but I can't find that listed anywhere, would he still be considered palamino?

Michelle

He looks white in the picture but he's actually like a very, very light caramel color. I have never heard of a champagne color before so I'm confused

Champagne is a rather rare modifier gene. Here is a website that has information: http://www.ichregistry.com/

Sorry about the double post, I only clicked "post" once, but this has been happening to me since the forum was changed recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to contact Carolyn Sheppard from the ICHR (look at the link that was proviced) if he's one, and it's on his registration photos, she'll have the info.

As far as him still being pally, that just depends on what genes are there, honestly. If he's a champagne, he coudl be a pally with the champagne gene (Gold Cream), or some other shade. The filly in my siggy, is a Cremello Champgane, her dam is a black based with a cream gene and champagne (Classic Cream) and she looks awfully yellow. Do you have any better pictures to share, that are closer up??

Thank you! I went to check it out..it looks like he may be either a golden or a cream champagne. What color is yours?

Michelle

Thank you Teresa, I will try to post a few more pictures. This is all terribly interesting to me!
default_smile.png

Michelle

My tiny filly, Mini-Go-Round's Mayari Maiden is a "silver bucksin." Here's a photo of her trying on her Halloween costume.

1022oct31sthalloween 006-1.JPG

And here's another one of her. I was styling her as a troll :)

April7thsnowmelt-020.jpg

She seems very similar in color to your AppleJack.

Does he have ICHR papers? Champagne is one of the most misidentified "colors" i see. I can't tell from your pictures for sure, but he looks palomino to me.

Skin looks too dark for champagne to me.

He has papers that have him listed as Champagne, but not cream champagne, gold champagne or anything like that..I'm not all that concerned because he is just our pet, we don't show or breed ( we had him gelded) I am just curious to know as much about him as I can. He is not registered, the papers he has are so he can be registered, but the previous owners never did. His color is so beautiful, you woud think he was white until your right up on him.

I can't tell, need a good muzzle and eye shot, minus the mane and hair, he he But I'm kind of siding with Lewella, he looks awful dark, but then again, so does my little Classic Cream mare at certain times.

Champagne comes in 4 basic shades, Classic (black based), Golden (red based), Amber (bay based), and Sable (brown based). THEN you add the other genes, like cream, silver and so on. So in in all honesty you CAN have a Gold Cream Champange aka pally with the champagne gene. What are his sire and dam? Off of the application you got? At least one HAS to be champagne for him to be. Of course what's listed on the papers and what they truly are, is another thing entirly, lol mini's are famous for being registered the wrong color. LOL My little Classic Cream girl was reg as a dun of all things, even though no dun parent.

Latest posts

Back