Cell Phone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SampleMM

Reaction score
I need a new one before the World Show. My current phone doesn't ring, it only vibrates.
default_frusty.gif

What phone do you have and why do you like it?

I have the Verizon Voyager by LG...It has a full keyboard and touch screen when it's closed..internet runs off of 3G..of course you have to pay xtra to get that. It also has mobile tv..xtra $ too..it has a 2.o mexapixel camera..a mp3 player..the speakers are surprisingly loud for a cell phone but work best when it's in the open position. It is kinda big though thats what I don't like about it..not so much big but thick..it's smaller than the iphone but definately thicker..it's over a year old so I'm sure there is a newer and improved version available.

Forgot to add..mine also has gps..but you have to pay xtra for that too...so I do like all the bells and whistles but be prepared to pay if you use them!

I have a Pink Razar. It's got a camera on it. You assign rings to the numbers, and voice name to them. I use both of these a lot. Also, it has on it a place in the address book for ALL their numbers and you can click up or down to which number you want to call, and by which voice name you have assigned to it, it will say it. Like I have one that say's Wal Mart and another one in the same Part, it say's Wal Mart pharmacy. So I know which one I'm calling. I really like this feature.

It's got video. Text messageing and through AT&T it's 200 text for $5.00 a mth. I've used it in elevators at hospitals just about everywere. I've dropped it in a toliet and dried it with my blow dryer and it still works.

I've had lots of people tell me this is one of the stronger signal ones. Even At&t several has told me that when I have inquired about something else.

I have an upgrade coming this Oct and I'm going to stick to my Razar. I love it. Good luck to you. PLUS, it's Pink
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
default_rolleyes.gif
TJ

I had the pink rzor bfore my voyager and I loved the size..it was so thin..fit great in my pocket..I think I would miss my keyboard though if I went back to it..I text alot and full keyboard is so much better for that...plus the internet..I'm on my voyager phone now replying.

Thanks ladies for your responses. I have a pink razor right now and if it hadn't been attacked by my sister-in-law's dog, I'd probably just keep it.
default_rolleyes.gif

I have to tell you though, it is a major pain in the butt when your phone doesn't ring. I'm seriously thinking about a smart phone that can access the internet, GPS, etc. I have AT &T and they have a new feature that you can track where your children are as long as they have their cell phones with them. I really like that idea. I don't text a lot but I do think a full keyboard is nice. My husband has the Iphone but I can't stand the touch screen. I guess I'm getting old, sigh.

my parents and i have the env2 from verizon and made by lg mine has been run over by a fourwheeler and it still rings and everyhting it has a full keyboard to

I have a samsung t-209. All it does is get calls since all I do is make calls on it. I have had this one for about 4 years. No problems. My mother has one older than mine and it is starting to have a few issues hearing people since she washed and dried it in the laundry.

I've got the Blackberry Storm. It's got everything. I have the VZNavigator which has helped us a lot when traveling. It does cost extra for the VZNav but to me it's worth it. It also has full internet access (extrbutt) but you can get unlimited internet and email. I tried the LG Dare and it was pretty neat but couldn't do the internet banking like the Storm can. The camera is a 3.2 megapixel. It has MP3 player too, video camera.....

Storm is a smart phone, touch screen (but has full keyboard in the right position). There are all kinds of downloads available too for all aspects of life. Our service is Verizon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the EnV2 and I love it. I text alot so love the full keyboard. I wanted a Iphone or Blackberry but honestly have no need for it and couldnt see spending the extra money just cause ...

My phone has been dropped, stepped on by a mini and "hidden" by a dog and yet still works as good as it did the day I got it. The only complaint I have is the camera is average not great

Ditto to what Lisa posted........(and what my daughter said above)......

The EnV2 has proved to be an excellent moderately priced phone. I was a cell phone illiterate when it came to texting, but this one makes it simple.....especially with a 12 year old as your coach!
default_laugh.png

I got a Blackberry Storm right before Nationals, and it was great being able to check email there anytime. Downside is that it's big and my brain is getting too old to figure out all the bells and whistles LOL. The thing that irked me most about it was accidentally changing things on the touch screen. I tend to talk with it cradled on my shoulder when I'm feeding or doing chores, and I would wind up with the speaker on, camera on, etc and not know how to turn them off. So I'm out in the pasture with mares all around me, trying to talk and taking pictures of the ground....
default_wacko.png

I traded it in yesterday for an LG EnV Touch. The screen turns off when your face is against it, which eliminates that problem. It opens to a full keyboard as well as the touch screen and is just a little simpler to use. As much as I liked having internet access at the show, I don't really need it most of the time and can access it with this phone for an extra $20/month if I choose. The data package with the Storm was $30/month for unlimited internet & texting.

My daughter got an I Phone this summer and loves it. It's pretty cool, and if I could get it with Verizon I might have been tempted to try it.

Jan

Well, tomorrow is the big day when I get my new cell phone. I still am not 100% sure which one I'm getting but I will post afterwards and fill you in.

Thanks everyone for sharing your links, information, etc. I really appreciate it!!!
default_smile.png

I really would have liked an IPhone (can't stomach the $$$ for the data plan) or a BlackBerry of some flavor, but ended with a Sanyo 2700 because it was FREE.
default_biggrin.png

Really like it. The camera is actually pretty decent, good email app, full keyboard, really nice screen... there's better stuff out there, but I quite like it... and I like it even more because it was FREE! ;)

On Wednesday, I bought my new phone. I ended up going with the Nokia E71X. It is a smart phone so it has all the bells and whistles plus a qwerty keyboard which I love.

I am very happy with this phone and would definitely recommend it. They claim it is the smallest smart phone out there and it seems a lot less clunkier than my husband's IPhone.

Thanks everybody for reading and responding.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back