ceder bed in the works.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike K

Reaction score
well I have a good start anyways. I am to the point where there is a lot of sanding to e done then varnish sanding varnish sanding I think you get the idea.

There is going to be 3 panels on the head board between the 2 rails the outer 2 panels will have a horse running towards the center and the center pannal will have 2 harts interlinked.

best photos I could get to day. It is rainning. The head board is 7' and the foot board is 3'

Let me know what you think.

Mike

S4021027.jpg

S4021028.jpg

S4021029.jpg

S4021030.jpg

S4021031.jpg

I love it! Looks like you have a nice start to it and so quick. I love rustic looking furniture and yours is very nice.

Hahahaha!! You sound like my husband!!! He spent a week on his log bed knifing all the bark off (not sure of the term as I'm not a woodswoman
default_laugh.png
).

Looks way nice!!!!
default_wub.png

Wow thats awsome!! Iv always wanted a bed like that. Great job!!

Do you take orders??
default_wink.png
default_laugh.png

thanks everyone. I am proud of the way it is turning out. One Ritz-C-Kid I might be taking orders. shipping would cost a arm and leg. This thing is heavy. It dont look like it but the post are 8-10" I am not a weak person by any means and it is all I want to pick up the head board. If you look at the third photo that is a gallon paint can setting next to the post and the post is bigger around then it is.

Mike

That sounds like its going to be beautiful. You have done a great job so far. I know thats alot of hard work. I like the idea of the horses and the hearts.
default_smile.png
I love hearts.

Please do let us all see it when its done.
default_smile.png

Very nice. You didn't waste anytime at all! I can't wait to see it all done. Good Job!

That's going to be a nifty bed when done...l looked for your other post you had on the little table with the leggs and couldn't find it now but wanted to add that if you had a base like the one l have with your top it would probably be real nice. l'm still looking for a top but nothing so far it's a red wood stump so would like a close match.

today006.jpg

Then there is also old fence posts you can make things out of that l really seem to like made by a old guy up the road during winter...my husband keeps threatening to use this stand for firewood as he thinks it's junk...and l just make sure it stays where it is because it appeals to me...
default_biggrin.png
l'm also getting him to make me a bench out of chewed up boards that's going to be really neat in the back porch.

today012.jpg

Relic thats what I call a stump it would look cool setting under one of these planks I have cut.

Well I am at a impasse. the guy that was going to do the laser work on the head board to put the horse's and harts on it is in the hospital. I dont know how long. I also dont know if he will be abill to do it once he gets out. So what do you guys think about a head board with 3 or 4 cedar phot frames. They would be inset between the upper two rails on the head board. I have never seen one done like that before and it maybe a stupid idea but I thoght it would be neat.

Mike

Latest posts

Back