CDE Trainers Pacific NW

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
If you would like to pm me about who you think is a great trainer in our area that will train a CDE horse. I'm not interested in the show ring. I am interested in basic driving, CDE preparation and parades.

The area is Oregon and SW Washington.

I would really like to get Duckie trained and I'm not sure I have the time to do it myself. I also think that she would do better with a trainer than with me at the moment.

I would appreciate any help you can give me. Even if you are a trainer feel free to contact me about it. She is 37" tall and very sweet. After my last experience sending a horse to a trainer it is also important that we can show up and check on her. Last time was a real horror story for me regarding the horses care.

Thank you all for your help.

Marie

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the links on the Happ's website: http://happs-inc.com/Happs_Links.htm#TT

Terri Jones is in your area and is very well thought of. If you were further north, I would recommend Dorothy Whiteman or Bob Griswold.

Good luck in your search!
default_smile.png

Thank you very much. I checked out the link and have sent out a couple emails to gain information. Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Marie

Hey Marie,

I can second Dorthy Whiteman. She treats horses with respect and kindness and does a great job. I don't know the other one Amy mentioned.

Dorothy Whiteman, Sandra McCormick, Megan Sibiga or Terri Jones are the best ones I can list for you in that area. Further north (near me) I would recommend Don and Lisa Eckhardt of The Driving Training Center. That's who I train with.

Leia

Thanks Leia I think if I sent the Duck up there I wouldn't be able to see her again until she got home. I'm hoping to get her close enough so I can go up a couple times or more while she is in training.

Not sure she will ever be used for CDE by us but it wouldn't hurt for her to get a little training in that area along with just trail or pleasure driving.

I've received one message back, responded and now I will wait for the answer. Hoping it works out this time cause this girl isn't doing anyone any good just standing around eating and getting petted at this point. Even though she would never argue about life right now.

Latest posts

Back