cataract surgery

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I'm scheduled for cataract surgery this morning in Glasgow, KY. I'm not sure how he's going to operate with me asleep on the table, because we had to get up at 4:15 am to get to the hospital by 7:15. Honestly, who gets up at that time of the morning??? And, just because I can't eat anything, my stomach is just a growling away. How funny is that???

Well......we're off.

Good luck! I bet you will be very pleased with the results
default_smile.png

I hope it went well. The new and improved corneas gave me such improved vision over what I had lived with since I was 3 years old.

I was naughty during the surgery. We (surgeon, nurses, assistants, etc.) got talking about animals, and they were all laughing at my Mingus stories. The surgeon finally had to ask me to stop, as he was certain I didn't want him laughing while cutting into my eye.

I had my left eye done and I go back on December 10 for a recheck and to talk about my right eye.

Here is the amazing part. Right now, for the first time in my adult life, I do not need glasses. The new lens in my left eye allows me to see distance. It really screwed up my near vision, however. BUT, my right eye (the one that hasn't been done) has terrific near vision. I am finding that my eyes are compensating for each other. When I need to see far away, my left eye automatically focuses. When I need to read, or see up close, my right eye just does it. So between the two of them, I don't need glasses for anything.

Now, if I choose to have the right eye done, I'll see great for distances in both eyes. But I'll have to use reading glasses for anything close up.

So I'm wondering if I should just leave well enough alone and do without glasses entirely or go ahead and have the right one done and go back to glasses for reading, sewing, anything needing near vision.

I mean, it's pretty darn cool not to have to wear glasses. I even drove today without any glasses at all. I must make a decision by the 10th because if I want the surgery I have to have it done before the end of the year as I have met my deductible for this year.

Everybody I know that had both eyes done were so happy with the results! So glad you are doing so well, I was hoping you would update. great news!

My eye surgeon told me that he had a patient who loved her new vision after cataract surgery, but wanted to know why the surgery affected her skin so terribly -- it gave her all sorts of wrinkles...

I had both eyes done and have Toric corrective lenses. Love the results! My Dad has surgery for it coming up soon and I'm excited for him!

So glad to hear everyone is happy with the outcome of this surgery.. I have just been told I have cataracts in both eyes and that glasses will not help. Thanks for the info.

Back