Cash Poll--2nd Try

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stallion?

• <$500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $501--$1,000

• $1,001--$2,500

• $2,501--$5,000

• $5,001--$10,000

• >$10,000

• No Purchase/sale

• Total voters

kuelqhs

Reaction score
Please cash sales only.

I was just curious at what level most of us are playing in the business.

Our most expensive one was a filly, Dreamweavers Knee-Hi-Prime, for $1,750.

For those of you who paid $10,000+ were your horses bought for breeding or showing?

That's weird, this is the first time I even opened this thread/poll, I tried to vote & it said I had already voted. But I didn't....
default_unsure.png
: And so I guess I can't vote. What's up with that?

I have no clue, these were my first time to ever do a poll so It may have been something i've done.

The $10,000 mare we bought was both shown and bred. She had shown previously, but was supposed to be bred at time of purchase, was not, and so was shown again. Since the options group buy/sell together, I would be interested to know what people paid for their foundation stock vs. what they are selling their homebreds for.

The most expensive mare I bought many years ago, I had many foals from her and then donated her to a State Run Facility for their horse program and she is still much loved by them and I have so many wonderful memories of her myself. I can visit whenever I want. I paid $6500.00 for her.

Joyce

Interesting poll, but the 'top' price may be different than the average price.

My highest prices that I've both bought and sold at (the plus $5K) is not the average. I'd love it to be the average sale price - lol - but reality is $1,500-$3,000 is the average for buy/sell here.

I'm glad to see the gelding prices are getting better, as when I first got minis people told me basically geldings/excess colts were worthless. I've changed my thoughts on that and to get a breeding quality colt or a gelding it's not a giveaway price.

It still can be hard to justify the prices on minis - I serioulsy hesitate to pay over $10,000 on a mini only as it would need to produce foals that were worth that or more - there are many that do, but I see many $$$ horses that their foals sell for a fraction of that price.

Marketing works on some - sire sold for $25,000 so your horse is worth that too - NOT!

Latest posts

Back