cart size

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams

Reaction score
hi there i am going to an auction in may that has some mini/pony carts advertised that i would like to buy if they go for a decent price. so my question is what kind of measurements should i be checking to make sure the cart will fit my mini and not a 13H pony. The cart would be for a 30 and a 33' mini.

thanks

Measure from the ground to about midline on your smaller horse where the traces would go and then measure from his point of shoulder to his rump in a straight line along their side then add 12". That will give you the height of the shafts when held horizontal and the length of the shafts you need. The same size on your bigger horse will have the shafts sitting slightly up hill which is okay and there will not be quite as much room between him and the singletree but it should be from 8" to 12" so it will work for both. If you find a cart that is the right length of shaft but too high the wheel size can be changed to lower the cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx, this will be my first cart, hope it fits!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back