Cart size question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlottein

Reaction score
A cart just came up not too far from me for a great deal and I wanted an opinion. The guy did not know how to measure them - and neither do I as I have not learned to drive yet. He thinks the shafts might be 51 inches. Would I be able to use that for my 31inch mini? I do not have him yet so I cannot measure his length, but by my guess from shoulder to buttock he would be about 35 or 36in long - totally based on the pictures I have and comparing height to length. He said he used it with his 34 in mini donkey.

Also I was trying to find out the brand so I could see what sizes it came in to find out what length it really probably is. It is an easy entry metal cart with wood floor. The thing that makes it look different is that it has two stars on the back between seat and backrest and what looks like a K or an R in a circle. Any ideas?

It is in good condition and a really good price, so I need to jump on it soon if I want it before it sells.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have a 31" Mini..You will need 46 in shafts..51 is just too long..And be careful of the weight of the cart..Our little ones need lighter weight..Make sure the guy is measuring the shafts correctly. Measure from the tip to the back of the shafts..I had that problem also..This forum is a wealth of information..I'm a newby too,at the age of 58..LOL..

I just ran upon this post that discusses shaft length. http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=116474

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go to the american driving society website and scroll down the list on the left hand side . click on driving basics. carts and carriages you will find a page that details shaft lengths. Good luck!

Thanks a lot! I figured it was a long shot since of course I can't get a deal that great on something I could actually use. $200 for cart and harness in good condition. Sigh.

Make sure they are giving you the correct length of the shafts..I called about a cart and they thought 51 or 53..I called back and had them measure from the tip to the single tree..Low and behold, it was 46 in...Just what I needed..Then it turned out I knew the lady that had it..If I had just took her word for it I would have missed out on a great little cart..If it isn't too far, go and measure it yourself..Good luck on finding your cart..I looked for a while for one and I am sure glad I waited..Cheap doesn't always mean it's a good cart for you or your Mini..

I must admit to be a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this stuff. The first three carts and the first four harnesses we bought we moved along soon after purchase in order to go and get "the right" stuff. Two of our current carts are bought used and we did save some bucks but not much as to buying new
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back