Cart question???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvcsherman

Reaction score
We just bought a cart & harness for our little 26.5" mare. We ended up purchasing a dog/goat cart online. It looks exactly like an easy-entry cart just smaller. The only thing it is missing is the bar that the traces attach to. It has 2 loops that the traces can attach to but they are fixed, they will not pivit back & forth as the horse moves. Will this be a problem? I was thinking about having are bar made & attaching it to the cart. What do you all think?

We just bought a cart & harness for our little 26.5" mare. We ended up purchasing a dog/goat cart online. It looks exactly like an easy-entry cart just smaller. The only thing it is missing is the bar that the traces attach to. It has 2 loops that the traces can attach to but they are fixed, they will not pivit back & forth as the horse moves. Will this be a problem? I was thinking about having are bar made & attaching it to the cart. What do you all think?

Hi,

i thinkwe actually had one of those,it was blue and it also had a third wheel on the front. we thought it would be cute for the minis to pull around but we quickly found out that we wouldnt EVER use it again.we didnt like the fact that what you hooked the trace to was the loops and honestly we had to tie them there.i think that part of the buggy is not safe as it doesnt turn and when you have the traces on it doesnt give to one side when turning....we had a pinto stallion hooked up to it one day and bc it had not given in he freaked out and took off,he jumped a ditch,ditched the person in the cart and ran off around our property! he was so terrified of that cart,he wouldnt get close to it again! when we got him stoped the reins were wrapped around the tire and the traces were still in place...i believe that if that swiveled it wouldnt have been a prob....but thats just me.i think that if you could put a swivel bar on there it probably wouldnt be a prob......

Can you post a picture...if you want you can send it to me and I will do it??

It is just that, since you have the cart, I feel we ought to try to get it going OK for you, and you should not use it without a swingletree, no way.

So if you could take a picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't take any pictures of it last night when we had it hooked up but I can send you pictures I got from the online advertisement. It seems simple enough to fix. We do not plan on showing or doing any REAL hard driving with it, just for fun, but I do want it to be safe & comfortable for my mare & my daughter!
default_wub.png

The only problem I've ever heard of when driving without a singletree is potentially soring your horse's shoulders, but yes, it would be both preferable and pretty easy to add a singletree. You can buy both the bracket and the singletree from Frontier or other similar companies and then simply bolt it to the frame of the cart. Easy peasy!

Leia

Latest posts

Back