Canfield Ohio Mini Sale was a

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJMM6

Reaction score
The weather was nice, chilly but nice.
new_shocked.gif

We had a very good sale, some great quality horses were sold.

I would like to say THANK YOU to the forum members who participated
yes.gif

The prices were soft in general but we know the prices are down
no.gif

Lets hope the economy picks up for next year.

cjmm

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
We finally got our new little man home. First we had to hitch a ride to PA, while hubby went home and got the trailer. Then he came and picked us up. I just knew we should have taken the trailer the first trip
rolleyes.gif

Jody- sorry I did not stop to talk to you. When I had a free moment. You were very busy taking your horses in to be bid on. It must be very hard with that many going in.

Deb

It was a very nice sale with quality horses. Done really well....moved along with no hitches, no delays. Yes, the bids were low on some horses but the bids were pretty healthy on others. I think there were about 60 horses with very few no sales.

Before the horses went up, the barn area was so crowded, you couldn't really tell who else was there.

It was fun seeing folks I only see once in a while and hanging out with those I see all the time. Saw some forum folks there too. Hope everyone is happy waking up to a new face in the barn.
yes.gif
k

Aggravation Acres -- What did you buy? Tell!Tell!

We are now the very proud owners of Misty Rose Sgt Pepper. He was #44 and was jumping around everytime the guy in the ring would yell when we bid. Joyce was showing him in the ring. The Fox's were very kind and took him to there place and my hubby went home and got the trailer and picked us up.

He seams to be doing well, eatting and drinking and the other stuff.
rolleyes.gif
The other stuff is the most important. Don't want to get him constipated.
ohmy.gif
He is used to grass and is now eatting hay. I will take him out to the yard today to get at least a little grass, and for a few days. Don't want to make the change too tuff on the little sweat heart.

Deb

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the sale was full of some really nice horses and ran pretty smoothly. I took 8 horses and only no saled one of the group. I hope the bidders understand why I did no sale him. I can't possibly replace him for what his bid was at
unsure.gif

I like the facility in general but there actually isn't enough seating for the crowd that attends the sale. I know it happens at most facilities but I really think the folks standing in the aisleway to the sale ring need to not be there in big packs. I was dodging small children and constantly saying excuse me to people just trying to take horses into the sale area. Makes for a frustrating journey at times
wacko.gif

Deb,sorry we didn't get to chat while there. I had my hands full for sure. I did have a helper along but I chose to lead everyone in myself. That eliminated the sold,oh wait sorry the seller said no. I pretty much said upfront when the bidding started if the horse was selling or not. I also called a bump a colt got on the trailer ride,a bad bite and a mare's problem with heaves. Probably hurt their prices but I'd rather be honest then have someone buy a horse not knowing a fault that I know of.

I want to apologize to the very nice lady that spoke with me about the bay broodmare I had there. That mare had never even offered to kick at anyone the entire time I had owned her. She had a serious case of idiot syndrome once we got there
no.gif

I hope to have horses to consign there next year.

I want to thank everyone who did buy a horse I sold there. I apreciate it
yes.gif

A few buyers made contact with me and other's didn't. I'm more then willing to answer any questions and keep in touch if they wish to do so.

Hello Mashin, Im cjmm, the one who measured your little beauties. I help run the sale & next year I will remind the auctioneer to ask the standing people to step aside for the consigners.
rolleyes.gif

Your horses were very nice & I especially liked your tri colored stallion.
aktion033.gif

And Deb I loved your little colt you bought, good luck with him
yes.gif
cjmm

Hi Mashin -- I think I was "the very nice lady" that talked with you about the bay mare. I did really like her & I believed for sure what you said. I started to bid on her, but had a REAL strict price limit & couldn't buy her in the end. I really like her. I felt bad I missed her. I wish the best to the person who did buy her. She would have gone well in my program. No apologies needed - you were very honest & that's always appreciated.

You did have some very nice horses there. I liked several of them. And not selling your little boy was understandable for sure. We all admired him & didn't blame you at all for not taking the bid on him. He's a beauty.
yes.gif

And Agg Acres: Sgt. Pepper was SO cute....the way he jumped & the funny faces Joyce was making. That little boy put on quite a show, but you could see he was really TRYING to be good. Really like him...I could almost hear Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band singing....."We don't really want to stop the show.....etc."

Everyone is reporting a good sale, but no one is saying what prices they brought. Could you please report some more exact prices? This is the first year we have not consigned horses....too much going on this year

Thank you so much cjmm, for the nice comments
smile.gif

Little Wee, I felt truely bad about the mare acting like that
no.gif
Thank you for your comments also
yes.gif
I have a few more B sized here you might like
wink.gif

Iona, I was busy and didn't see the whole sale but the mare I had picked out brought $2600.

These are the prices I have wrote down. They might not be perfect. And I do not have any after I got my horse. Was to excited and needed to find him a ride
rolleyes.gif
some I did not hear the height so there is a ? in that spot.

1- mare 1999-pinto-amhr 35.5 $350

2- colt 2005-palomino Pinto-amha-21.5 $400

3 - Stallion-Bay 3yrs-amha/amhr 32.25 $350

4 - Bred Mare 2002-amha/amhr 33.75 no sale

5 - scratched

6 - colt 3 yrs amha/amhr 33. $375

7 - filly- sorrel- 2005 amha 28.25 $700

8 - colt - sorrel/white- 2005 amha/amhr 27 no sale

9 - scratched.

10 stallion -chestnut 1999 amha/amhr 34 $375

11 (subitute) colt silver bay- 2005 ? mom #49 25.75 $400

12 bred mare pinto sorrel 2002 amhr 32 $1,000

13 yearling colt black amha/amhr 30 $250

14 filly black bay 2005 amha/amhr $1,300

15 bred mare sorrel 1999 amha/amhr 34 no sale

16 stallion sorrel 6yrs amha/amhr 34? $350

17 yearling colt sorrel appaloosa amha 28.50 no sale

18 filly black pinto 2005 amhr 33 $325

19 scratched

20 colt pinto amha 2005 25.5 $400

21 mare sorrel /white (does not get bred)1989 amhr 31.75 $300

22 mare roan appy 1 1/2 years old, amha/amhr 35 no sale

23 stallion black 2004 amha/amhr 27 $700

24 colt sliver dapple 2005 amha/amhr did not get height no sale

25 colt palomino pinto 2005 amhr 24 $425

26 bred mare medicine hat 5 yrs, amha ? $550

27 scratched

28 stallion grey appy 2003 amha/amhr 30 no sale

29 mare silver dapple 2001 amhr ? $600

30 colt black yerling amha/amhr 32.5 $350

31 sub- filly black/white pinto amha/amhr 29 no sale

32 mare black appy 2003 amhr 32 $950

33 colt maximum sabion 2 yrs amhr 31.75 $200

34 bred mare bay pinto 2000 amha/amhr 30.75 $2600

35 & 36 scratched

37 mare black 1991 amhr 34 $225

38 colt buckskin 2004 amha 27 no sale

39 filly sorrel yearling amha/amhr 30 $600

40 colt bay pinto 2005 amhr 30.5 $400

41 bred mare sorrel 1990 amha/amhr ? no sale

42 stallion bay frame overo 2 amha/amhr 30.5 $350

43 filly buckskin pinto 2005 amhr 25. $675

44 colt pinto 2005 amha amhr application 27 $675 (now mine)
yes.gif

I hope my typing is not to bad to read.

Deb

I'm glad to hear that Pepper has settled in well. I bought a sorrel weanling filly. She sure is vocal. I'msure she doesn't like being quarenteened for a while. She finally got hungry last night and cleaned up her food. I was going to be concerned if she was still picky this AM.

I have to say that over all the sale was good but, there were a couple of young colts there that were way to light. They all came from the same place. I'm hoping that if someone knows the person they will help her evaluate her feed and worming program. It was sad to see one no sale and know he was going to the same place for dinner.
no.gif

I'm glad to hear that Pepper has settled in well. I bought a sorrel weanling filly. She sure is vocal. I'msure she doesn't like being quarenteened for a while. She finally got hungry last night and cleaned up her food. I was going to be concerned if she was still picky this AM.

I have to say that over all the sale was good but, there were a couple of young colts there that were way to light. They all came from the same place. I'm hoping that if someone knows the person they will help her evaluate her feed and worming program. It was sad to see one no sale and know he was going to the same place for dinner.
no.gif

Pepper is doing fine. He was out with Ernie playing today (Ernie is getting weaned and is not a happy camper at this moment.)

Our place is not set up to be able to keep anyone seperate so we take the chance and put them all together.

I know what you mean. There were some skinny ones there. And it is hard to see them not getting the food they need especially when they are so young.

I just had someone do a amha look up on my guys sire and dam. I am very impressed. Thanks Libby for letting me have such a nice boy.

Deb

MistyRose you are right about the little ones that were skinny.
no.gif
I measuered them & commented on the poor little ones. The guy said they weren't very old.
unsure.gif

I wonder when he weaned them, evidently they were not getting grain. That is sooo sad. I get very upset at the sight of poorly fed horses. Most of the time our sale is full of chubby little ones. One year there was a very thin black/white brood mare & we bought her. She did fatten up well & produced a foal for us the next year. The owner is someone you would of never thought would neglet their horses.
no.gif

I will say a little prayer for those neglected little ones.
sad.gif
cjmm

lot# 47 sold for $850

lot# 49 sold for $1700

blue roan filly sold for $1250

a few others sold very low

Latest posts

Back