Can you post pix of your barns-I cant find when I search

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basketmiss

Reaction score
We are wanting ideas for a new barn, I know you all have all difffernt kinds of barns so thought this the place to ask..

Thanks

My barn is very simple, but works well for my three geldings. I only use my stalls for feeding and during show season. Otherwise they have full access to the run in. It is set on a drylot. The pics are of it brand new. It's a little more weathered now, but still just a great!

Laura

barn020.jpg

barn022.jpg

horsesathouse014.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

This was when we first moved in. I have changed it a bit since.

Here is mine....I have two 12x12 stalls, and three that are 8x12. I have two 12x12 areas (and the aisle) that are concreted; one for hay storage and one for the work bench, grain cans, bedding, wheelbarrows and other stuff.

131327366.jpg

131327355.jpg

131327335.jpg

It is so much fun to look at everyone's barns! They all have their own personalities.

Laura, I really like yours. We have been wanting to add on to our barn, but I'm thinking it may be cheaper to just build something small off to the side. I was thinking a pre-fabricated shed and adding stalls, but this is a great idea! We really want to add a run in too, so this would be perfect.

Mona- I love your stalls, they are perfect
default_wub.png

Here are a few pics of my barn. I wish it was bigger, but I love it. This is how you make 4 stall into a 7! Unfortunately there is no way I'm going to fit the eigth horse in there, hence the planned addition into which the minis and my smallest pony will move.

SANY0596.jpg

The mini stalls

P1010372.jpg

Not the best pic, but you can kind of see he big horse stalls...

P1010554.jpg

There is now a stall that spans the back of the aisle way, these are older pics. There are the two 6'x12' mini stalls, four 12'x12' big horse stalls, and the one across the aisle that is 12'x9' (I think).

My barn is very simple, but works well for my three geldings. I only use my stalls for feeding and during show season. Otherwise they have full access to the run in. It is set on a drylot. The pics are of it brand new. It's a little more weathered now, but still just a great!
Laura

barn020.jpg

barn022.jpg

horsesathouse014.jpg
Laura, what size is your carport, and the gates and stalls. That is exactly what we were thinking of doing. You all sure did a beautiful job! Thanks

Last edited:
My carport is 18 feet by 22 if I remember correctly. I may be a little off, but it's a close estimate. I actually put in up in the corner of my fence so that helps with keeping them in on one side. The big gates are 10 feet. I have two on the barn. One closes off the hay area and the other closes off the barn if I need to keep them in the run in area. I started off with two horses so I only built two stalls. Now I have three horses so if I need to confine them I put two in the stalls and one in the run in and shut the gate. The set up works really well.

Laura

I love everyones ideas and barn set ups. Mona and those of you with stalls where the boards are set vertical...do you use some type of U-channel to set the boards in as opposed to hammering them all in? Also, Mona....I love your stalls. What type footing are you using for your wood floors? Is it easy to clean and does all the debris along with pee and manure go down thru the slits in the flooring?

I love everyones ideas and barn set ups. Mona and those of you with stalls where the boards are set vertical...do you use some type of U-channel to set the boards in as opposed to hammering them all in? Also, Mona....I love your stalls. What type footing are you using for your wood floors? Is it easy to clean and does all the debris along with pee and manure go down thru the slits in the flooring?
Cheyenne, the boards in my stalls all run horizontally. What we did was just made our own type of U channel by running a small piece of wood (actually 2 pieces with a small space between) up the post, and placing the boards between them. As for the footing in the stalls, all I do is bed it down with a deep layer of straw. I had the same type floor in my old barn, and never had a problem with poor footing in the stalls at all. That is one of the reasons I like the "rough" lumber, is the texture as it doe offer a bit of traction. The floor is "raised" so there is about 6" air space between the floor and the ground, and yes, the pee does go through the cracks...another reason I like it. I do not stall my horses year round. I use the barn mainly for foaling season, so the rest of the year the straw is cleaned out of the stalls so it gets a thorough airing out.
default_yes.gif

I really like everyones barns, Ill post some pictures of my barn tommorow its pretty simple, we have a 4' aisle with two 8' by 12' stalls all togethor its 12' by 20'

Cheyenne, the boards in my stalls all run horizontally.
Mona
default_doh.gif
...yes...horizontal is what I meant! Sorry!
default_laugh.png
default_blush.png
That's a great idea about the U channel!!! And the floor as well. Thank you for that info. My boys don't come in on a regular basis either...only in inclement weather. So many great ideas...I love these threads!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went a little different route & didn't put "permanent" stalls in my new "old" bank barn. I wanted to be flexible & be able to change the stalls around when needed.....so decided to use gate panels. I like the open'ness of the barn & the fact that I can change the stalls & make them bigger or smaller if needed. Right now, all the Miniature stalls are 8' x 12'. Lots more room than they used to have. The front's of their stalls are pointed, as I used 8' panels on the rear of the stalls....and I used (2) 4' panels on the front (one is a walk thru gate). Hooked together, they are a bit longer than 8'...so I just angled them to a point so the front of the stall is no wider than the rear.

BarnStalls10001.JPG

BarnStalls30001.JPG

BarnStalls70001.JPG

The stall on the west end of the barn has been getting wet with all the rain....so it's empty right now & we made a stall for Button in the middle of the barn on one end.

BarnStalls80001.JPG

Then I have my POA gelding in a 12' x 16' stall on the other end.

BarnStalls20001.JPG

Hard to explain....but it works out really well.

This is an area next to one of the big doors that I plan on weaning babies in....it has access to a small paddock (50 x 50).

Right now, we have our new Pyr puppy in it.

BarnStalls50001.JPG

BarnStalls40001.JPG

BarnStalls60001.JPG

BarnStalls90001.JPG

Everyones barns are really cool. Makes me want more than one!! Thanks for sharing, I just love barns...

Not the barn I wanted, but it works.....only have 2 stalls, for my 2 minis.....I know the husband deceived me so there would only be 2 horses!

24001.jpg

24003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dona, Your barn looks a lot smaller on the outside, I dint know it could fit so many horses

Latest posts

Back